CAD?

A turn-based strategy game like no other has landed. Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy aims to revolutionise the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation. The game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive. Now with additional battles on the Western Front with the expansions 'Blitzkrieg France', 'Market Garden', 'Operation Husky', 'Sealion' and 'Rommel in Normandy'.

Moderator: MOD_Slitherine

Toby42

CAD?

Post by Toby42 »

Why is Battlefield Academy listed in CAD($33.99), and not USD($29.99)?
Tony
PipFromSlitherine

RE: CAD?

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

I'm guessing that the IP check to determine where you are is faulty in some way for your ISP. You should be able to switch your country of origin to the correct one?

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

I'm guessing that the IP check to determine where you are is faulty in some way for your ISP. You should be able to switch your country of origin to the correct one?

Cheers

Pip

All of the add-on's are in USD? I scanned through the game catalogue and most were listed in USD, but a few were listed as CAD? What will happen if I try to buy a game that is listed as CAD? Which I think is Canadian Dollars?

I was going to give myself a Fourth of July present with Battlefield Academy. I know that I should have bought when it was on sale, but I just tried the Demo several days ago....
Tony
PipFromSlitherine

Hmmm - that is very odd. I'm not able to dig into it myself, but you could try putting in a support ticket about it.

Have you tried adding it to the basket and then going to the checkout? You won't be charged until you are ready to purchase and it's possible it would fix itself in some manner.

It's in CAD for me (but then I'm in Canada, so...).

Cheers

Pip
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

I haven't tried to make a purchase. At times I've gotten some weird stuff from Plimus! But I might try that.

A support ticket probably wouldn't do any good. I'm sure that they are down for the Holiday? It shows up correct on Slitherine's sight? But I think that my credit card charges for a foreign purchase?
Tony
PipFromSlitherine

I meant a ticket here on Matrix. As you say, the office in the US will be shut for the holiday, and I think you missed the UK office hours. Hopefully someone can solve this mystery in the morning. Sorry you didn't get to treat yourself to an ID treat [:)]

Cheers

Pip
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

I'll check in periodically to see if it gets straightened out! The thing is yesterday it read correctly?
Tony
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

Battle Academy is now listed in USD's, but Operation Husky is listed in GBP? I better buy Battle Academy quick before it reverts back to who knows what!!!
Tony
PipFromSlitherine

Well that is just bizarre! Just to check, you are not running any kind of weird VPN via other countries or anything like that, that could confuse the system?

Cheers

Pip
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Where exactly are you seeing this? In the checkout page you can set the currency to anything you like though it will try to set it based on your IP address by default. Is there something unusual about your IP address? Can you send a screenshot.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Toby42

Post by Toby42 »

I bought Battle Academy and the Market Garden add-on while Battle Academy was showing USD's. So, I'm happy!

Just going through the games list all are showing USD's except for Scourge of War: Chancellorsville. It's showing the price in EUR at 24.99/33.99?
Tony

Return to “Battle Academy”