Public Beta for CO:BftB v4.5.264 Now Available!

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Andrew Loveridge

Public Beta for CO:BftB v4.5.264 Now Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello All,

A new public beta update is available in the Members Club. It includes some changes to timing and completion of attacks, plus other fixs.

Let us know how it works for you.

Changes for build 4.5.264beta:
  • CHANGE - Remove right binding from central fields within the Weapon Performance panel of the Estab Editor. This ensures that the right hand fields are visible.
  • CHANGE - Previously the code that determines whether a unit can exit or not was using the map control for the control grid containing the exit objective. Depending on the alignment of the grid this could result in cases where an enemy unit was outside the exit perimeter but still preventing the unit from exiting. Now it does a specific search for units within the perimeter. This makes it a tad slower but more accurate.
  • FIX - Ensure that HHour is adjusted if the Start time is adjusted inside the function that sets the StartAt time. Fixes Assert at GameDiagnostics.cpp line 456.
  • FIX - Ensure that completed Attacks are not automatically assessed as having failed when the estimated time allotted runs out. Previously it was only doing a full assessment if the plan status was current. So if a force reached the attack objective and went onto the defensive and then the time finished it would report that the attack had failed even though the force had actually achieved the objective.
Emx77

RE: Public Beta for CO:BftB v4.4.264 Now Available!

Post by Emx77 »

Andrew, there is no 4.5.264beta in my Members Club. Only 4.4.264Beta (Date is 6 MAY 2013). I would say that you (or Dave) gave wrong version name to new beta patch but date is confusing. Can you check this?
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Well I definitely named it 4.5.264. Regardless there was never a 4.4.264 so it must be the right one.

FYI the version number scheme is:
Game Number . Patch Number . Build Number

BFTB I the fourth game in the series. We are now onto Patch #5 and the build is the 264th.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Brindlebane

Post by Brindlebane »

The download is 4.4.264 in game it reads 4.5.264.Just needs changed in the members section i think,right download,wrong title.
RangerX3X

Post by RangerX3X »

Kudos for the continued refinement of the best AI war-game platform ever created.
loyalcitizen

Post by loyalcitizen »

Can you please add an FTP link for those of us who have never been able to successfully download from the Members Club?
Thanks!
jimcarravall

Post by jimcarravall »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Well I definitely named it 4.5.264. Regardless there was never a 4.4.264 so it must be the right one.

FYI the version number scheme is:
Game Number . Patch Number . Build Number

BFTB I the fourth game in the series. We are now onto Patch #5 and the build is the 264th.

Thanks for the explanation of the version numbering scheme.

Helps explain the software history for those interested in its traceability for problem solving.

Take care,

jim
Brindlebane

Post by Brindlebane »

Been away from the game for a wee while so i'm gonna get back into the swing of things.Is this version v4.4.263 still the official version.I clicked update on my game incase i missed anything and this is the version it started to install.
This is the version i have at present 4.5.264beta:.Is this still in beta or will my game move on to install this.

If it is still beta,are there any problems with it that have since come to light or can i leave my game as it is.Cheers.(BftB and both modules)
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

It's still beta.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Command Ops Series”