Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CV Taskforces

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> CV Taskforces Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CV Taskforces - 6/24/2013 3:43:42 PM   
tiemanj

I have a couple of questions with respect to using my carriers. It is mid January 1942, playing as the allies. I sent Lexington and Enterprise on a raid of the Marshall Islands, and withdrew back to Pearl. When I got back, my ships had a small amount of system and engine damage as expected. Most notably, Lexington had some engine trouble that needed the shipyard to fix, and would take 1-2 weeks. After waiting most of the time, I went back to check and found she had 1% system damage with everything else fixed, and an estimate of 2 days to complete repairs. There appeared to be an emerging opportunity in the Bismarck islands, and I wanted to form up the task force again (I disbanded it to repair the ships) to send it there. However, it said the ship was unavailable, even after putting it into "readiness" repair state. Why could I not add Lexington to my task force?
I was able to form up the task force the next turn. When I did, I figured I put Halsey in command again. However, it said I needed 60 political points to do this. All other leaders cost between 2-5 political points (even the other VADMs). Why is the cost for Halsey so expensive compared to the others?
Post #: 1
RE: CV Taskforces - 6/24/2013 3:51:06 PM   
Shellshock

Anytime a ship goes into a shipyard it represents drydock. That means time spent pumping out the dock, shutting the ships's internal systems down, connecting external systems of power, and when finished time spent firing those systems up again and flooding the dock. That's why you can't get a ship back from the shipyard "right away."

< Message edited by Shellshock -- 6/24/2013 3:52:20 PM >

(in reply to tiemanj)
Post #: 2
RE: CV Taskforces - 6/24/2013 4:47:04 PM   
tiemanj

That makes sense... So from a game perspective, I need to wait a turn to get my boat back. Is that correct?

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 3
RE: CV Taskforces - 6/24/2013 5:02:19 PM   
Shellshock

For large ships, being pulled out of the shipyard can be a two to three day process.

(in reply to tiemanj)
Post #: 4
RE: CV Taskforces - 6/24/2013 5:12:01 PM   
ecwgcx

I believe all ships, regardless of size, need three days to become available when in pier side, repair ship or shipyard status. Also, if a ship had any upgrades done it can take weeks to become available again. A pet peeve of mine is a ship getting new AA guns can't sortie for X number of days. There's nothing like having a bunch of important ships stuck in port with an enemy carrier force heading your way. . Oh well, can't have everything.

(in reply to Shellshock)
Post #: 5
RE: CV Taskforces - 6/24/2013 9:09:43 PM   
Lokasenna

Note that the 3 days to return to readiness only applies if repairs are not yet complete and you manually set to readiness status. If the ship says it will take 1 or 2 days to repair (with no # next to it...) on either pier side, repair ship, or shipyard mode, then it will return immediately when repairs are complete.

Something to keep in mind. Sometimes (often, even, for minor maintenance) it's faster to just let the ship finish repairing than it is to halt repairs.

(in reply to ecwgcx)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> CV Taskforces Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI