Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing with Dual Monitors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Playing with Dual Monitors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/24/2013 2:37:31 PM   
Tzar007

I have dual monitors, so I though I would be able to have Command Ops loaded in one monitor, while keeping the other one to browse through the Game Manual, or write down some notes.

Unfortunately, everytime I alt-tab out of Commands Ops, it minimizes down into the task bar instead of staying on screen while I do my stuff on the other monitor. While doesn't it stay there?

Do you know guys how to keep Command Ops on screen in the first monitor?
Post #: 1
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/24/2013 9:26:54 PM   
Major SNAFU

Howdy Tzar007,

What I think might work for you is the following:

Set up your montiors to be one very large desktop. Then set up the resolution of BFTB to be the size of one of the screens (i.e. 1/2 of the desktop), then move it to the monitor you want (or leave on the main one I think will work better) and then open and position the manual, etc. on the other area of the desktop.

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." - T. Bartlet Rile, Prof. Irish History in Frank Delany's "Ireland: A Novel."

(in reply to Tzar007)
Post #: 2
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/25/2013 12:24:33 AM   
Arjuna

Yep that's what I do. Thanks for the advice Major SNAFU.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Major SNAFU)
Post #: 3
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/25/2013 1:52:45 PM   
Tzar007

That's clever, never thought of doing that...I'll try this tonight.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/26/2013 3:10:58 AM   
Tzar007

Well, that's a bummer. Windows 7 does not support anymore the "span" or "stretch" desktop function. It supports the "Extend desktop" function, but that is the standard dual monitor setup and it does not equal to stretching the desktop. Incredibly enough, Microsoft used to support that in the old trusted XP, but apparently stopped with Vista and Windows 7, and has resumed supporting it in Windows 8.

I played with my graphics cards settings as much as possible to see if this could be supported but even nVidia support seem to acknowledges that this is not possible in Windows 7.

Oh well.

(in reply to Tzar007)
Post #: 5
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/26/2013 4:07:56 AM   
Arjuna

I use extended desktop. I run the game on the main monitor and all my other stuff on the secondary. But I can simply drag an app window to the main window at any time. The game must be run on the main display. It is not windowed as such.

Attachment (1)

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Tzar007)
Post #: 6
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/26/2013 4:12:08 AM   
Arjuna

Here's the game running on my main display (on the left) with acrobat and other stuff on the right.

Attachment (1)

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 7
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/26/2013 4:14:59 AM   
Arjuna

Here is another example where I have dragged the acrobat window partially over the main display. Note you can drag other windows over the Game but you can't drag the Game.

Attachment (1)

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 8
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/27/2013 1:43:26 AM   
Tzar007

I duplicated your settings Dave but for whatever reason it didn't change anything. When I am in Command Ops, the mouse cursor cannot cross over the other monitor. It stops at the edges of the monitor, and when I alt-tab, the application minimizes into the task bar.

Anyway, after fiddling some more, I ended up downloading a third-party app to manage multiple monitors. This changed the behavior as my mouse can now cross over the second monitor back and forth and I can go into another application while Command Ops stays on the first monitor.

So I'm happy now

(in reply to Tzar007)
Post #: 9
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/27/2013 2:03:58 AM   
Arjuna

Well I am glad to hear that. However, I have no problems moving the mouse over to the other monitor without the need to Alt-tab. And when I Alt-tab it does not minimise the app. I am just using the default configurations for my mouse and displays.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Tzar007)
Post #: 10
RE: Playing with Dual Monitors - 6/28/2013 1:21:34 AM   
vandorenp

I have done this successfully on 2 monitors with XP and now W7. I didn't do anything special. I have one adapter that has three video outputs. Am using two. both screens were recognized on boot up. When starting the game it starts and remains on the main screen. I can anything ahead of time and move it to the 2nd screen. Then i switch back and forth with ease.

Keydet

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Playing with Dual Monitors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI