Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/23/2013 7:40:07 PM   
LRRP

I am looking for a realistic squad based ww2 game for the pc. It should have good graphics and above all not be unrealistic. I would prefer something showing individual men in the squad. Something 3d would be preferred. I already have Squad Battles via HPS. Thanks

< Message edited by LRRP -- 6/23/2013 7:52:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/23/2013 7:54:13 PM   
junk2drive

Combat Mission is the only one.

Have faith that others will recommend shooters and real time.

(in reply to LRRP)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/23/2013 8:03:48 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

Jagged Alliance serie, available from Good Old Games. Not WW2 era, but still excellent. Winning title of the serie is Jagged Alliance 2 with unofficial fan made v1.13 patch/mod

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/23/2013 8:19:30 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

He stated turn based in his title otherwise I would highly recommend Achtung Panzer: Op Star. There is an ambiance and realistic feel that CM just cannot replicate. It's clunky at first no doubt, especially the patching process, but the size and scope of the campaigns are unrivaled. CM does handle infantry better though.

I can't think of a single turn based game that tracks individual troops though. They are always exclusively breakdown valued.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/23/2013 9:03:26 PM   
Dragoon

There is a game, I forgot the name, in 3D with good graphics you lead a US-army 4-men fireteam. Each member was controlled individually. I never played it myself, just saw it at a friend.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 5
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/24/2013 12:21:45 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: LRRP

I am looking for a realistic squad based ww2 game for the pc. It should have good graphics and above all not be unrealistic. I would prefer something showing individual men in the squad. Something 3d would be preferred. I already have Squad Battles via HPS. Thanks

I'd check out Panzer Command Ostfront. There is a demo you can try to see if it's what you're looking for. It's 3D turnbased wego system.

Rick

(in reply to LRRP)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/24/2013 5:51:14 PM   
Matti Kuokkanen

What about Battle Academy?

[edit]
Rick, is your last name Raisley?

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/24/2013 6:10:26 PM   
Sarge

quote:

stick with Squad battles.....

< Message edited by Sarge -- 6/24/2013 6:11:26 PM >

(in reply to LRRP)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/24/2013 6:29:41 PM   
Kineas

Combat Mission (the CMx1 series), maybe the new series (CMx2) or Panzer Command:Ostfront.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 9
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/25/2013 10:43:12 PM   
LRRP

thanks to all

(in reply to Kineas)
Post #: 10
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/26/2013 11:57:25 AM   
Ranger5355

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

quote:

stick with Squad battles.....

I love Squad battles, unfortunately I can't get it to run on win7

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 11
RE: Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game - 6/27/2013 4:48:38 PM   
Numdydar

What about Steel Panthers?

(in reply to Ranger5355)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Looking for a realistic ww2 turn based squad pc game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI