Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Extended [50 Races]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Extended [50 Races] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Extende... - 6/22/2013 11:01:23 PM   
Azuran

Work In Progress, still updating original post.

Welcome to the Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Extended. This Minimod compliments Distant Worlds Extended by adding 12 new races (for a total of 50) and introduces new victory conditions and racial strengths and weaknesses, dialogs, shipsets, flags, policy, etc.

The characteristics of the Original Races and Extended Races will be unmodified except for the biases.txt. This mod requires you to first install Distant Worlds Extended 3.0.2.

This minimod will be released at end of June 2013.

Insectoid
Desert
Growth rate: 14%

Extremely Passive
Quite Reckless
Extremely Friendly
Quite Intelligence
Extremely Dependable

The Sharlanka are insectoids resembling termites from an industrial desert planet that is one of the largest manufacturing hubs in the galaxy. They believe in a culture that a great defense is more important than a good offense. Most Sharlanka have a fascination for design, architecture, sculpture, and metalworking, with the highest status in their society belonging to Architects who build ultrastrong spacesports that are unique to this civilization. 

Even thou the majority of Sharlanka are introverted and love to be isolated from others to concentrate on their creations, they are quite accepting of different races because they love to learn about new cultures and hear new adventures. There isolationist nature makes them natural explorers since they enjoy traveling far from their home.

Reading the Galactopedia and learning is popular among this civilization, especially history and cultures about other empires. Loyalty is highly valued in their society because they believe that in everything in the universe requires a high degree of symmetry and balance. They see relationships as great architecture that requires perfect symmetry to keep society stable, and loyalty as their cultural foundation.

Rodent
Ice
Growth Rate: 26%

Extremely Passive
Quite Cautious
Extremely Friendly
Quite Stupid
Extremely Dependable

The Ranga are a small and peaceful four armed rodent civilization who rarely have seen violence in the history of their extremely large society. Some beleived as many as 30 billion Ranga lived peacefully on their homeworld. The majority of society practices a spiritual ideology called Raganatha that preaches that there is a galactic karma that affects every being and that the actions an individual makes affects the whole universe. The Raganatha ideology frowns upon violence and war and idolizes karma and connectedness with all beings of the galaxy. The Ranga are said to have the most disciplined ambassadors in the known galaxy since they are gifted with high charisma and are quite politically savvy.

The Ranga civilization was almost exterminated to the point of extinction because a fleet of Keskudons managed to enslaved their homeworld without a single weapon shot from the Ranga. The Ranga believed that the Keskudons were not truly evil and came to their homewworld as a pilgrimage to convert to Raganatha until it was too late.

The problem with Rangas is that they are physically weak so they were almost useless as hard labor, and during the mating season become highly aggressive for a short period.The Keskudons decided to exterminate the whole civilization by bombarding their homeworld, instead of dealing with the constant conversations about karma and goodwill.

The few million Ranga that were enslaved on penal colony ships were later sold to other civilizations as pets. The majority of benevolent civilizations eventually passed laws that granted Ranga there freedom. The Ranga's new mission is to spread Raganatha across the galaxy by forming alliances to rid the galaxy of diabolical races and creating an Utopian galaxy.

Reptilian
Marshy Swamp
Growth Rate: 17%

Extremely Aggressive
Very Reckless
Extremely Unfriendly
Quite Stupid
Extremely Unreliable

Machine
Ice
Growth Rate:12%

Slightly Aggressive
Quite Reckless
Quite Friendly
Extremely Intelligent
Very Dependable

Humanoid
Marshy Swamp
Growth Rate:21%

Very Aggressive
Very Cautious
Very Unfriendly
Very Intelligent
Slightly Unrealiable

Reptilian
Marshy Swamp
Growth Rate:23%

Quite Passive
Slightly Cautious
Quite Friendly
Quite Stupid
Very Dependable

Machine
Volcanic
Growth Rate: 04%

Extremely Aggressive
Extremely Cautious
Slightly Unfriendly
Very Stupid
Slightly Unrealiable

Ursadian
Marshy Swamp
Growth Rate: 18%

Extremely Aggressive
Very Reckless
Very Unfriendly
Slightly Stupid
Extremely Dependable

Amphibian
Ocean
Growth Rate:21%

Quite Passive
Very Reckless
Slightly friendly
Quite Intelligent
Slightly Dependable

Ursadian
Marshy Swamp
Growth Rate: 24%

Slightly Aggressive
Quite Reckless
Slightly Friendly
Slightly Stupid
Slightly Dependable

Machine
Continental
Growth Rate: 21%

Extremely Aggressive
Quite Reckless
Slightly Friendly
Quite Intelligent
Very Dependable

Machine
Ice
Growth Rate: 14%

Quite Passive
Very Cautious
Quite Unfriendly
Extremely Intelligent
Quite Unrealiable

Download
Download link will appear when it reaches Alpha 0.85 (End of June).

Changelog
0.10 t0 0.67 See Attachment

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Azuran -- 6/23/2013 9:26:04 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/22/2013 11:05:44 PM   
Azuran

Some Interesting Stats

Personality Overview

Personality Strengths

Growth Rate

Race Makeup

Native Planet

Troop Strength

< Message edited by Azuran -- 6/23/2013 2:48:50 AM >

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 2
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/23/2013 12:47:35 AM   
dostillevi

Love the portraits you've selected, and the first two races sound very interesting! Are you doing your own artwork for the ships and ground troops?

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 3
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/23/2013 4:12:17 PM   
Flinkebeinchen

Looks promising!

(in reply to dostillevi)
Post #: 4
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 6/23/2013 11:09:57 PM   
Azuran

quote:

ORIGINAL: dostillevi

Love the portraits you've selected, and the first two races sound very interesting! Are you doing your own artwork for the ships and ground troops?

I made a video showing the shipsets I am using. Since Distant Worlds Shadows has updated their shipsets to Woddman's, I used some shipsets from the Distant Worlds Original theme and 2 or 3 pirate shipsets. The Empires that use pirate shipsets will have a different engine flame color,( and those races have a story element of how they got those pirate shipsets). My goal is to eventually give them all custom shipsets, but the ones they currently have are quite excellent. I think Im also going to use some shipsets from Sirians mod.

Take a look:
Make sure to watch in HD
http://youtu.be/w0cNhFPUeEc

I am currently at the Electronic Daisy Carnival (EDC) Music Festival in Las Vegas for the weekend, which is why its taking a bit of time to update the original post with everything, but each new race will be unique and be interesting to play and immerse yourself in.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flinkebeinchen

Looks promising!

Thank you! It should bee done by end of June, I am finishing some balance and polishing it. Still have to put information up on this thread!

Here is a preview of theminimod (same video as above quote):
Take a look:
Make sure to watch in HD

I am also going to make an encyclopedic PDF that contains information on all 50 races.

< Message edited by Azuran -- 6/23/2013 11:19:15 PM >

(in reply to dostillevi)
Post #: 5
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 7/9/2013 4:29:52 PM   
Tehlongone

Is this mod approaching release? It looks interesting.

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 6
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 7/13/2013 10:55:51 AM   
Algoritm

quote:

Take a look:
Make sure to watch in HD

Hi, could you put a link to the music played in that video please?

I'm compiling all sorts of tracks to enrich my distant world playlist atm. I'll also be posting the ones I use as a gesture of participation when I get back from holiday.

We seek researchers that find, but find researchers that seek.

(in reply to Tehlongone)
Post #: 7
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 7/18/2013 5:10:07 AM   
Azuran

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tehlongone

Is this mod approaching release? It looks interesting.

It will released most likely a few days from now, my guessimate is 20th of July. I apologize for not keeping you guys up too date, real life got busy. The only thing I will need to polish after I release it is the troop images.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Algoritm

quote:

Take a look:
Make sure to watch in HD

Hi, could you put a link to the music played in that video please?

I'm compiling all sorts of tracks to enrich my distant world playlist atm. I'll also be posting the ones I use as a gesture of participation when I get back from holiday.

I cannot seem to find it, I will keep looking.

< Message edited by Azuran -- 7/18/2013 5:11:36 AM >

(in reply to Algoritm)
Post #: 8
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 7/28/2013 5:09:23 PM   
w1p

any word on this? looking forward to this !

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 9
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 8/19/2013 6:22:13 PM   
drillerman

Yes, Bump!
Is this mod still alive?

Huh?

(in reply to w1p)
Post #: 10
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 10/1/2013 4:03:03 PM   
rawardy

Sooo this mod looks Dead... Shame was looking forward to it. Could you upload what you had made so far?

(in reply to drillerman)
Post #: 11
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 10/1/2013 5:24:02 PM   
Darkspire

There are distant rumblings ... screams of tortured souls ... the Darkverse is rippling into existence ...

Darkspire

< Message edited by Darkspire -- 10/1/2013 5:25:13 PM >

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to rawardy)
Post #: 12
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 10/1/2013 5:36:43 PM   
CyclopsSlayer

Hmm, even the YouTube video isn't working for me. Sound is broken/pulsed, and the screen remains black. Other vids work fine.

Shame, was looking forward to this as well.

nb: Azuran hasn't been on since his last post above, Last July 18th.... :(

< Message edited by CyclopsSlayer -- 10/1/2013 5:40:09 PM >

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 13
RE: [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Ext... - 1/21/2014 8:35:08 AM   
Hawkeye_BF

Hi,

what about this Mod??? Would be great if V0.85 will be downloadeble to expand to the 50 Races ;)

Thanks a lot

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> [WIP] Extended Plus! Minimod for Distant Worlds Extended [50 Races] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI