Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder... - 6/21/2013 3:00:19 AM   
Tzar007

Maybe I'm a total newbie here, but the way the Battles for Greece got installed confused me for some time before I figured it out.

At the end of installation, it said I would have a Battles for Greece folder in my Start Menu and a desktop shortcut. Nope, no folder, no shortcut. So I looked in my actual BFTB folder, since it does install into that folder. No Battles for Greece shortcuts too.

Starting the BFTB Game Menu did show a PLAY Battles for Greece option, so I clicked on it only to be brought with the standard BFTB splash screen. I was thinking something really went wrong here.

It's only after clicking on New Game in BFTB that I suddenly realized I had the option at the top to switch between BFTB Scenarios and Greek Scenarios... Voilà!

I'm rolling now and can't wait for the Med Pack with the Crete and North African scenarios to get out!
Post #: 1
RE: If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder... - 6/21/2013 3:26:35 AM   
The Plodder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tzar007
I'm rolling now and can't wait for the Med Pack with the Crete and North African scenarios to get out!

Maybe then you can finally finish that Storm Over Iraklion AAR...

Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

(in reply to Tzar007)
Post #: 2
RE: If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder... - 6/21/2013 1:27:53 PM   
simovitch

The desktop shortcuts do seem to be missing. I should have caught this while testing the installer, it could be a bit confusing for the customer. But the game runs fine from the Windows Start menu.

I actually installed the HTTR pack over the Greek pack and now the BFTB/Matrix Game menu has the Market Garden graphics instead of the Greek graphics.

It would be best if the Game Menus that come with the installers show you all the CO modules installed, or just say "Command Ops".

Oh, and the original COTA runs fine on my Windows 7 computer...

< Message edited by simovitch -- 6/21/2013 1:28:47 PM >

simovitch

(in reply to Tzar007)
Post #: 3
RE: If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder... - 6/21/2013 2:02:41 PM   
jimcarravallah

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

The desktop shortcuts do seem to be missing. I should have caught this while testing the installer, it could be a bit confusing for the customer. But the game runs fine from the Windows Start menu.

I actually installed the HTTR pack over the Greek pack and now the BFTB/Matrix Game menu has the Market Garden graphics instead of the Greek graphics.

It would be best if the Game Menus that come with the installers show you all the CO modules installed, or just say "Command Ops".

Oh, and the original COTA runs fine on my Windows 7 computer...

No new icons for Battles for Greece, but I still get the new game with the old HTTR short cut.

Take care,

jim

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 4
RE: If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder... - 6/21/2013 7:02:19 PM   
Tzar007

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tzar007

Maybe then you can finally finish that Storm Over Iraklion AAR...

Thanks for reminding me, that remains unchecked on my to do list since a few years !!!

At this point, I guess I'd better start over the AAR with the new engine

(in reply to The Plodder)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> If You're Looking for the Battles for Greece folder... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI