Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why make Other Headquarter's ????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Why make Other Headquarter's ???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why make Other Headquarter's ???? - 6/21/2013 1:39:04 AM   
artofwar85

When I play against the AI and do a Random Scenario I start off with 1 city and 1 HQ and blah blah blah but anyway what is the advantage if any for me to create at some point another HQ. They cost 5 pp whereas to make a subform unit thing it cost 1 pp and the HQ I make can't attack etc. what am I missing ... thanks.

Post #: 1
RE: Why make Other Headquarter's ???? - 6/21/2013 2:30:55 AM   
Webizen

A lot. See this post and review all the linked content.

quote:

ORIGINAL: artofwar85

... what am I missing

Tac2i

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 2
RE: Why make Other Headquarter's ???? - 6/21/2013 2:14:44 PM   
artofwar85

WEBIZEN - YOU ARE THE MAN !!! Thanks Champ I saved all the links and stuff so I can refer to it as needed and as having completed that now, I am going to read it - This will be most helpful - Nice to know that an Elite Guard takes the time to advise a lowly Recruit.

< Message edited by artofwar85 -- 6/21/2013 2:15:14 PM >

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 3
RE: Why make Other Headquarter's ???? - 6/21/2013 2:42:43 PM   
artofwar85

This info below I just read from one of your links (Unit Attributes, GREAT INFO THERE) Exactly answers the question I was primarily concerned about regarding HQ's and the area of the HQ I was wondering about besides the other things it does. I have been playing with zero combat bonuses for attack and defense. So now I will make other HQ's and figure out how to route supplies through them have seen some info on that too.

HQ Power (HQP) %: The closer an HQ is to the units it commands the bigger the combat bonus: (0-3 hex/100%, 4 hex/80%, 5 hex/60%, 6 hex/40%, 7 hex/20%). If an HQ is 8 or more hexes from the units it commands, they do not get any HQP bonuses in combat (attack or defense).

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Why make Other Headquarter's ???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI