Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Scenario edit question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Random Scenario edit question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Scenario edit question - 6/21/2013 1:03:49 AM   
artofwar85

When I randomly create a scenario and then click on Edit to edit it.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/21/2013 1:10:14 AM   
artofwar85

I then click on REG in order to tweak one of the Peoples:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 2
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/21/2013 1:14:35 AM   
artofwar85

Then I change one of the Peoples from what the Random Scenario Created such as changing the Soviets to French.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 3
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/21/2013 1:19:18 AM   
artofwar85

The Problem is it changes the Capitol of the Peoples I choose to change to a different type of Capitol meaning ..... It changes the Capitol to where the Capitol City only produces Non Combat Political Points or Resources such as oil thats it .. I can't any longer produce either supply and or units and or staff etc.

When else do I need to click on to accomplish what I want to do which is to change the Peoples. From say Soviet to something else.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by artofwar85 -- 6/21/2013 1:20:56 AM >

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 4
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/21/2013 1:21:40 AM   
artofwar85

Thanks

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 5
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/21/2013 6:08:40 PM   
mgaffn1

I think you will need to edit your locations from the LOC submenu. Click on the city hex then edit your LOC... I think.

ALSO, all your starting units SFTypes might be the wrong nationality. You may need to edit those in your unit submenu.

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 6
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/21/2013 6:59:37 PM   
Twotribes

Each city is assigned a people. Go to EACH city and click on HEX. the 3rd item down will be people if you are on a city location. With a random map you would need to find each city that was originally assigned to the people you changed.

(in reply to mgaffn1)
Post #: 7
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/22/2013 1:53:29 AM   
artofwar85

Mgaffn1 I didn't exactly understand your post but it got me on the right track which when it seemed I got the people changed correctly then I read Twotribes post and his is the way to do it .... After changing a peoples using the REG button in the editor and clicking around to bring up the "People" button which is in the REG window of the editor but the People button is only visiblie if you click on one of the Regime names and then Statistics which is in the "property sheet" box.

But anyway as I did at the beginning of this post I selected a new peoples but this only gets one halfway there THEN do what Twotribes says to do: GO to the Map (click on the tiny grey map button) ... now you see the map NEXT, click on the capitol of the Regime that you changed the people of - this means you have clicked on the capitol city hex - NOW click on the tiny grey HEX button in the editor (3rd row over above the word string) click on hex button now click in the black editor hex window next to the name that shows up it may be the name russian click this grey button and choose the same people name you first picked which was done as exampled at the begining of this post. You must do this as Twotribes stated for each city hex on the map that was originally assigned to the people you changed.

Thanks for all your help now I will enjoy it more. a lot more

< Message edited by artofwar85 -- 6/22/2013 1:54:33 AM >

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 8
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/23/2013 9:42:02 PM   
artofwar85

And then regarding the staff that are in the edited HQ ... click on the HQ having the staff that you changed the people of .. click on the hex then click on the grey units button then change the staff to the people you changed the scenario to the name shown will be the "old" peoples you originally started with that you change.

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 9
RE: Random Scenario edit question - 6/23/2013 10:17:49 PM   
Twotribes

You realize you must find every city that was assigned to the old people and reassign it to your new people?

(in reply to artofwar85)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Random Scenario edit question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI