Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Working resort base in the Age of Shadows?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Working resort base in the Age of Shadows? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Working resort base in the Age of Shadows? - 6/20/2013 11:06:42 PM   
Dogfather

For the past few days I've been trying different setups to making a working, revenue generating resort base without luck. Last night, I was playing in the Age of Shadows, and I had colonized about 10 planets. There were three colonies in my home system alone. My empire had six resort bases, three of which were in my home system. All resort bases were on a moon, asteroid, or planet that had a scenic view. The resort bases all had the required components as well as plenty of docking modules and passenger compartments. I also gave them energy collectors, but I'm not sure if this was necessary. I had several different passenger ship designs available, and my private sector had built several passenger ships. I waited and waited but never received any resort revenue or saw a passenger ship dock at a resort. I have protection agreements with both pirate factions near me, and I'm not at war with anyone, so the resorts should be safe enough and close enough to visit.

Under all of these circumstances, it seems like there should be at least some use of my resorts. I've started to wonder if there is a bug that is preventing resort bases from working properly. Does anyone have any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? Has anyone else had a working resort base since the Shadows extension was released? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Working resort base in the Age of Shadows? - 6/20/2013 11:12:54 PM   
Osito

I made a post about this matter a few weeks ago, here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3340484

There were mixed responses. Some people are seeing resort income. Some seem to be saying that you won't see it unless you're looking at exactly the right time. All I can say is that I have been looking every now and again to see whether I have any resort income, and, despite building resorts, I have never actually seen any income from them.

Osito

(in reply to Dogfather)
Post #: 2
RE: Working resort base in the Age of Shadows? - 6/21/2013 5:50:51 AM   
crusender

for me they work only when they are not busy moving people to other colony and i have only 1 resort base at all time. so having new colony make passenger ship prioritize migration , has Osito say, the resort income only stick on empire income for 1 month for what i see.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 3
RE: Working resort base in the Age of Shadows? - 6/21/2013 8:15:18 PM   
Fishers of Men

I try to pick out a very strategic location for my resorts to be built. I choose heavily traffic areas close to multiple empires so as to receive a lot of business. But it does take some time for others to find your resort and make a visit, so be patient.

To check to see if a resort is being visited, I do look at economy balance page, I click on an individual resort facility and it will read the number of total visitors and race types(200k Kiadian). If this number is increasing then you know that its working as intended. Does your design have a recreation module?

Old............but very fast

(in reply to crusender)
Post #: 4
RE: Working resort base in the Age of Shadows? - 6/21/2013 10:02:20 PM   
Spacecadet

Usually Resorts work better after the Galaxy has been explored a bit and Empire populations have grown a fair amount.

Here's a look at Resort Income (bottom of top section) and Resort Expense (bottom section).

This snapshot is from about mid year, so the report's not really complete from that standpoint, plus I've just started a massive Resort Base build so they haven't kicked in Income wise yet:

So at this point, my Resort Income is 53K, and Maint is 68K.

These figures would make you think they're not worthwhile, but most of them have just gone into service so they haven't had time to generate income.

Given time, these will become much more profitable as they start to get noticed/visited by other Empires . . . this may actually take a few years, but it will happen.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Spacecadet -- 6/21/2013 10:07:50 PM >

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
Res: 1920 x 1200

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Working resort base in the Age of Shadows? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI