[v1.9.0.7] Pirate mission filters don't work?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

necaradan666

[v1.9.0.7] Pirate mission filters don't work?

Post by necaradan666 »

Do they do anything for anyone else? Maybe they only filter missions if you're playing as a pirate rather than an empire? I haven't seen a game yet where the new filters do anything at all.. all missions, accepted, available, all types are always displayed, every game.

Also this: "AI ship design process no longer creates unbuildable new designs (too large) for a ship subrole when there is an existing buildable design for the same subrole "

Doesn't seem to work as far as I can tell, when I get warp bubbles I can no longer build destroyers because the next autodesign is too large and the current one gets obsoleted.. isn't that suppose to be what this fix was meant to help with?
necaradan666

RE: [v1.9.0.7] Pirate mission filters don't work?

Post by necaradan666 »

No one else can confirm or deny this? Seems pretty easy to note. Still does nothing with latest patch in my game.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Some combinations seem to work but I think that is more not clearing what was there before than actually filtering.
Michael
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

Don't know about that, when I start a game and assign a few missions, smuggle me some resources, attack a pirate base, defend my space port, and try to switch filters nothing happens at all. It never filters between different types, or accepted/available
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

When I only have 'smuggling' missions, all the filters seem to work as expected.
If there is more than one type, it then does begin to act strangely sometimes.

For the 'bidding' ones, they are neither 'accepted' or 'available'.
Michael
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

Huh, okay I'll check it out with only a number of smuggle missions.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

The non-smuggle ones seem harder to filter???
Michael
necaradan666

Post by necaradan666 »

Nope, I checked and can't even get two smuggle missions, one for 'all resources, accepted' and one for 'loros fruit, not accepted' to change with the filters, seems like nothing is happening at all.

looks like a legit bug, I haven't been able to use the filter since they were patched in, and I even re-installed the game from scratch today.
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: necaradan666
Do they do anything for anyone else? Maybe they only filter missions if you're playing as a pirate rather than an empire? I haven't seen a game yet where the new filters do anything at all.. all missions, accepted, available, all types are always displayed, every game.

Also this: "AI ship design process no longer creates unbuildable new designs (too large) for a ship subrole when there is an existing buildable design for the same subrole "

Doesn't seem to work as far as I can tell, when I get warp bubbles I can no longer build destroyers because the next autodesign is too large and the current one gets obsoleted.. isn't that suppose to be what this fix was meant to help with?
Thanks for this report.

These issues are fixed in the next update:
- Pirate Mission filters now work properly when playing as a normal empire
- AI ship design process now properly avoid designing oversize ships when a buildable design already exists

Elliot

Return to “Tech Support”