question - upgrading from WitP

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

tiemanjw

question - upgrading from WitP

Post by tiemanjw »

I am thinking of upgrading from the earlier version of War in the Pacific and I have a question. In that version, you could play the game while having the computer control some regions or "control zones" I think they were called. I saw in an earlier post that this feature was removed from AE.
What I really want is to be able to play while following the good advice to never get involved in a land war in Asia. Is there some way in AE to play the Pacific war withoit having to dive into the China, India, Burma theater? (either reinstatement of control zones in a patch, or a scenario that has those units and such removed, or something else)
JuanG

RE: question - upgrading from WitP

Post by JuanG »

Scenario's 7, 8 & 9 are 'Quiet China' versions of the 3 full campaigns scenarios. My understanding is that these reduce the amount of action in that theatre, but as I have not played them I am unsure of exactly how this is achieved. I do believe they also only apply to the China theatre, not the whole CBI theatre.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

Correct. You have to control Burma/India.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

And if you play the Quiet China scenarios, be aware that it takes a few turns for the AI to settle down. Don't move ANY of your units in CHINA until the AI settles down. This really helps the Quiet China go to sleep faster. Generally by about the 5th turn or so, you can safely shift a few if you need to. Just be aware that if you try to move too many at once, you will somewhat reactivate the AI there ...
Pax

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”