Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

.png shifting?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> .png shifting? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
.png shifting? - 6/17/2013 12:18:07 AM   
AstroCat

I'm trying to edit the file light.png using either Fireworks or Photoshop. When I save the file and look at the graphic in game it's shifted off to the side of where it is supposed to be placed. Why is this happening. I can just open the file, not touch anything and re-save it and this happens.

Is there some trick to saving these .png files?

Thanks for the help.

update: Bah, I figured it out!

< Message edited by AstroCat -- 6/17/2013 12:32:44 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: .png shifting? - 6/17/2013 9:22:04 AM   
Mansen

Feel free to share your discoveries.

Currently Working On:
Star Wars Races
X-Universe Conversion (Early Stages)
Firestorm Armada (Early Stages)

(in reply to AstroCat)
Post #: 2
RE: .png shifting? - 6/17/2013 12:48:43 PM   
AstroCat

Oh sorry, yeah I was trying to save make my own light.png and was having the hardest time saving it correctly for the game. I ended up doing the editing in Photoshop and ever time I'd save the file the lights would appear in game shifted off to the side of the ships, very strange. Well after a lot of messing around I found if I "save for web" as PNG-24 with Transparency I get consistently good results. When I tried just saving, which is probably PNG-32 it would appear shifted. As well I ran into transparency issues using a variety of PNG-8 settings. So, in the end PNG-24 seems to be the most solid so far.

Does anyone else have any tips for file formats in DW?

Oh and I added the 2 light versions I made. 1 is less glowing and 2 has more glow. I'm currently using version 2, but whenever you add glow it can look a little odd over light colored planets, but overall I think it's a pretty cool effect.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by AstroCat -- 6/17/2013 1:02:27 PM >

(in reply to Mansen)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> .png shifting? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI