Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New French Units for my PG scenario conversions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> New French Units for my PG scenario conversions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New French Units for my PG scenario conversions - 6/12/2013 9:24:05 PM   
resinslinger

I have a couple of scenarios completed for the Panzergrenadier "1940: Fall of France" game but I found that I will have to design several new vehicles and a couple of infantry units to make the conversion complete.

New Vehicles:
Hotchkiss H35/39
Char 2C
AMC Schneider P16 Armoured Car
P178 Armoured Car (I will be using the data and .bmp file from the German oob but with a new French unit number)
Canon de 194 mm self-propelled gun (again, I will use the data and .bmp file from the German oob but with a new French unit number)
25 mm ATG truck portee

New infantry:
Escadron Infantry (These are the elite infantry of the French Army)
Reserve Infantry (Pretty much just cannon fodder for the Germans but since they are used in the 1940:FoF game I thought they should be included)

I am having a great deal of fun doing this. I want to thank Jason and Mike for all the great help they have given me over the past few days. Without them I wouldn't be able to create these new units and it wouldn't be possible to do some of the scenarios that I am converting.

Chris.

< Message edited by resinslinger -- 6/12/2013 9:25:56 PM >

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Post #: 1
RE: New French Units for my PG scenario conversions - 6/13/2013 8:13:27 AM   
resinslinger

Correction to above. The Hotchkiss H35/39 should be H35/SA38.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to resinslinger)
Post #: 2
RE: New French Units for my PG scenario conversions - 6/13/2013 10:40:29 AM   
Warhorse

Working on a Char2, will be awhile, though!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Post #: 3
RE: New French Units for my PG scenario conversions - 6/13/2013 12:05:03 PM   
resinslinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Working on a Char2, will be awhile, though!!

You mean the graphics? That would be cool. About the closest graphic I can use at the moment is a Char B1 but it will have to suffice for the time being. I finished all the data for it around 2 this morning.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 4
RE: New French Units for my PG scenario conversions - 6/13/2013 9:48:14 PM   
Warhorse

Yep!! Started on it, but the model I'm redoing is not very close, so is basically a ground-up, very time consuming!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue

Post #: 5
RE: New French Units for my PG scenario conversions - 6/14/2013 11:25:30 AM   
resinslinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Yep!! Started on it, but the model I'm redoing is not very close, so is basically a ground-up, very time consuming!

Cool. I definitely will be able to use it when you are finished, if you wish to share it with me. I just sent Jason the files for the new French oob and updated weapon.pdt file to be encrypted. I would have had them finished sooner but this has been one of those weeks I'd rather forget. Once I get them back, I can resume work on the scenario conversions. Chris.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 6
RE: New French Units for my PG scenario conversions - 6/14/2013 11:27:06 AM   
resinslinger

BTW...I found that the AMC Schneider P16 Armoured Car is already in JTCS, just under a different designation.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> New French Units for my PG scenario conversions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI