Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to edit a leader?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> How to edit a leader? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to edit a leader? - 6/10/2013 2:31:44 PM   
hfl13

At the moment I am starting a new Shadows game. I have some saved Galaxies were only the leader is wrong and has one or two fatal traits. Is it possible to change/edit/delete leader traits like "Demoralizing"?

All help is appreciated - please link if the forum has anewered before (I searched before).

< Message edited by hfl13 -- 6/10/2013 4:28:41 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to edit a leader? - 6/10/2013 4:31:35 PM   
Larsenex

I do not believe the in game editor will allow you to edit characters at this point. Better to just hang on to them and hope they out-level any poor qualities they possess.

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 3570K Oc'd to 4.3ghz
8 gigs ram
GTX 670 w/ 2gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.

(in reply to hfl13)
Post #: 2
RE: How to edit a leader? - 6/10/2013 4:43:16 PM   
turtlefang

If "Demoralizing" is the major trait issue, you can make it a non-issue by moving the leader to a place where no other charaters are with him - a spaceport, another colony, a defensive station, even a ship.

This particular trait - if I understand it correctly - only impacts other charaters in the same location.

The worst killer traits early in the game to me are negative population growth and negative colony growth - a negative tourist income isn't that big a deal in the prewarp stage as you will not have tourist income.

I admit that slower ship building - colony ships, private ships, or military ships - bother me but you can get around that and building more ships tends to rapidly reduce the negative.

(in reply to hfl13)
Post #: 3
RE: How to edit a leader? - 6/10/2013 6:18:09 PM   
Tree Dog

quote:

ORIGINAL: turtlefang

If "Demoralizing" is the major trait issue, you can make it a non-issue by moving the leader to a place where no other charaters are with him - a spaceport, another colony, a defensive station, even a ship.

What happens if you put your leader on a ship, and scrap the ship ? (This kills captains and admirals, by the way...)

(in reply to turtlefang)
Post #: 4
RE: How to edit a leader? - 6/10/2013 7:54:06 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

This particular trait - if I understand it correctly - only impacts other charaters in the same location.

The worst killer traits early in the game to me are negative population growth and negative colony growth - a negative tourist income isn't that big a deal in the prewarp stage as you will not have tourist income.

I admit that slower ship building - colony ships, private ships, or military ships - bother me but you can get around that and building more ships tends to rapidly reduce the negative.

You can only transfer them to a planet. I always transfer scientists to some backwater, agents I dismiss. Really wish you could put any character where you wanted and on whatever object you wanted though.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to turtlefang)
Post #: 5
RE: How to edit a leader? - 6/10/2013 11:37:14 PM   
hfl13

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tree Dog

What happens if you put your leader on a ship, and scrap the ship ? (This kills captains and admirals, by the way...)

You can simply use dismiss for that for leaders (worked in Legends - "edited" and in Shadows).

< Message edited by hfl13 -- 6/10/2013 11:44:38 PM >

(in reply to Tree Dog)
Post #: 6
RE: How to edit a leader? - 6/10/2013 11:42:53 PM   
hfl13

quote:

Thanks for the help with demoralizing - I was under the impression that I would loose benefits if I send my leader to some backwater planet.

Negative population growth and negative colony growth or happyness could still be useful if those are between the max four "improvable" traits: with every level these will improve and no ill effect stays long.

(in reply to turtlefang)
Post #: 7
RE: How to edit a leader? - 6/10/2013 11:47:01 PM   
Shark7

When it comes to the demoralizing/inspiring trait presence, moving the other characters can prove advantageous. I once moved all my spies to a space port with a scientists with the inspiring trait...it did make a difference in their skill gains.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to hfl13)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> How to edit a leader? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI