Late 44 Subs not producing??

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Dora09

Late 44 Subs not producing??

Post by Dora09 »

Hello everyone. I have reached late '44 in my PBEM as japan. One strange thing that has occurred is that my subs stopped producing a while ago. I halted a lot of the RO boats but I have had many of the B1/B2 and other useful boats stuck at "4 days" for months now. At first I thought that I didn't have enough naval points but as it turns out I am producing DDs my last CL and even CVs no problem, it is only the subs that seem to be stuck. Has anyone else seen this? my Naval yard production is low because I have been trying to build up HI for the final chapter but why would it only stop SS production?

Also, and unrelated question. I am thinking of building some G4M2e with the Ohka. What skill is needed for the pilots? I wouldn't think torpedo bombing would be needed but is level bombing skill even needed either? In theory the hit by the Ohka would be dependent on the Ohka pilot and not the Betty pilot so I could see that the skill of the betty pilot may not be necessary, thus I may be able to use relatively untrained pilots. However, I assume that the Ohka pilot is not really modeled by the game so it must rely on the Betty pilot, so what skill should I be training?

Thanks guys
obvert

RE: Late 44 Subs not producing??

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Dora09

Hello everyone. I have reached late '44 in my PBEM as japan. One strange thing that has occurred is that my subs stopped producing a while ago. I halted a lot of the RO boats but I have had many of the B1/B2 and other useful boats stuck at "4 days" for months now. At first I thought that I didn't have enough naval points but as it turns out I am producing DDs my last CL and even CVs no problem, it is only the subs that seem to be stuck. Has anyone else seen this? my Naval yard production is low because I have been trying to build up HI for the final chapter but why would it only stop SS production?

Also, and unrelated question. I am thinking of building some G4M2e with the Ohka. What skill is needed for the pilots? I wouldn't think torpedo bombing would be needed but is level bombing skill even needed either? In theory the hit by the Ohka would be dependent on the Ohka pilot and not the Betty pilot so I could see that the skill of the betty pilot may not be necessary, thus I may be able to use relatively untrained pilots. However, I assume that the Ohka pilot is not really modeled by the game so it must rely on the Betty pilot, so what skill should I be training?

Thanks guys

not sure about the subs. If other stuff is building and those re not it still could be points, as the AI might be building high priority ships first. I would get a surplus and then see if it still happening. if you don't have a surplus, then that's probably it. Check in the info 'ship availability' window how much your estimated need is and make just more than that.

The Ohka doesn't work in stock games. Sucks. Apparently it was forgotten(?) that it had to have a factory and they didn't put one in for stock. It can be modded though.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

We are not playing stock but SCEN 028. Not sure if this makes a difference.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

We are not playing stock but SCEN 028. Not sure if this makes a difference.

It doesn't work in babes either, apparently.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Dora09

Post by Dora09 »

Thanks for the heads up about the Ohka obvert. Saved me a lot of trouble and precious resources, I was just about to upgrade several G4M2e factories!
obvert

Post by obvert »

There is a way to get it. No sure what's involved. There is a thread in the main AE forum about it.
inqistor

Post by inqistor »

ORIGINAL: Dora09

There was problem with Japanese Small Crafts production, but they tended to stuck at last day.
Do you have Naval Points in reserve? Maybe submarines are at the bottom of production chain, so that is why they are last in queue? Algorithm definitely do not produce ships, beginning from larger, if there is not enough production.
If there is more points in reserve, than cost of submarine, there is definitely a problem.
bigred

Post by bigred »

ORIGINAL: obvert

There is a way to get it. No sure what's involved. There is a thread in the main AE forum about it.
IIRC you need to convert a factory to Okca research and production.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400

Return to “The War Room”