Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Impressions on AC?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Impressions on AC? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Impressions on AC? - 6/8/2013 12:50:06 PM   
Grim.Reaper

Seems very quiet for a new release. Any detailed impressions that folks can share? I have never reallyed played PC either so trying to determine if this is a game for me.
Post #: 1
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/8/2013 12:53:22 PM   
TJD

99% of activity is on the Slitherine boards, not here.

(in reply to Grim.Reaper)
Post #: 2
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/8/2013 1:49:05 PM   
Grim.Reaper

It would be really nice some day to have all the boards of the company consolidated....really should be one official forum for a game, can't think of many other cases where "official" forums are in multiple places.

(in reply to TJD)
Post #: 3
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/8/2013 1:57:01 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

It would be really nice some day to have all the boards of the company consolidated....really should be one official forum for a game, can't think of many other cases where "official" forums are in multiple places.

Yes I agree with you jumping back n forth to find some news is a pita.

Post #: 4
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/8/2013 9:16:19 PM   
Texican

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

Seems very quiet for a new release. Any detailed impressions that folks can share? I have never reallyed played PC either so trying to determine if this is a game for me.

I think it is a very good expansion. It may have some bugs to be fixed with a patch (that I have heard of from other posts), but overall quite good.

I will say that they need to fix/add functionality so that the British player can purchase non-British allied units (i.e., New Zealand, Australian, Indian, etc...). I little miffed this is not in, and cannot see a reason for it not being allowed.

But overall, am enjoying the expansion better than the Afrika Korps one. Only one scenario so far where I felt they were "guiding" my play, the rest are very good.

Post #: 5
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/9/2013 1:13:23 AM   
rosseau

Thanks for the review. Maybe dumb question, but would the "all eqp" cheat get you those non-Brit units?

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 6
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/9/2013 1:38:05 AM   
Texican

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Thanks for the review. Maybe dumb question, but would the "all eqp" cheat get you those non-Brit units?

Don't know. I do think it ought to be in the game, automatically, however. The 8th Army should be multinational, and not just the non-core units.

Hoping they patch in this option. Will check out that "all eqp" cheat. That in the game as an option or some addon?

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 7
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/9/2013 3:11:00 AM   
rosseau

See link below for the official cheats. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+C and type all eqp into the box. Then check what you can buy. You may have to use another cheat to add a core unit, then buy an Indian division, etc. But not an ideal solution, of course.

I am going to purchase AC now.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2859331

(in reply to Texican)
Post #: 8
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/9/2013 11:37:15 AM   
demjansk

Yes, combine all forum boards

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 9
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/9/2013 4:17:04 PM   
VPaulus

It's not as easy, as you might think. Both forums use different software.
This would be a big, big task and would require to change all the infrastructure.

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 10
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/9/2013 5:12:16 PM   
Grim.Reaper

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

This would be a big, big task and would require to change all the infrastructure.

Never said it was easy, I just think it is the right thing to do in order to keep everyone in the same place. I am in a business where mergers and acquisitions happen a lot and consolidation of resources do happen. It doesn't happen overnight and not always easy, but ultimately does happen. Otherwise customers get confused and you have a splintered audience.

Just my two cents...

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 11
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/9/2013 5:27:44 PM   
Challerain

Have to agree with this. Now you can throw in AEGOD with their games and it is three forums.

Post #: 12
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/9/2013 10:08:42 PM   
jglazier

I also completely agree. You are one company now, it makes absolutely no sense to have separate forums for the same games.

(in reply to Challerain)
Post #: 13
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/10/2013 10:23:28 PM   
rogo727

Yes mr. V I agree with you on this one. It was a nightmare to register at slitherine... Did it years ago... Forgot my password about six months ago and they sent me a new one logged on with it and it didn't accept it. Just for fun I tried it several times( to request a new password and before you ask yes i have the right username)in the last few months with no luck. I just chuckle and say that's about right . To me it makes perfect sense. One company but two different software ....it's the American way... Er wait its the British way....(.sadly the previous statement is not from me but the muppets Christmas carol ).
quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

< Message edited by rogo727 -- 6/11/2013 2:17:11 AM >

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 14
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/10/2013 10:44:19 PM   
Lord Zimoa

It will happen, it is just a massive and complex operation, that also holds some significant risks. So it is being looked at with care, if all websites, shops, servers and databases were running on the same software it would be easier for sure. But sadly they don`t...

Most likely it will be a complete new setup where all databases will have to be combined, people have accounts on one or all websites. Maybe a transfer period of a year and close the old ones, but again here you can easily foresee issues and problems.

It will be a massive operation for sure, there is no simple and easy solution or one without negative side effects, so it will take time and a tough call to make.

< Message edited by Lord Zimoa -- 6/10/2013 10:52:15 PM >

www.thelordzgamesstudio.com
www.panzer-corps.com
www.commander-games.com

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 15
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/11/2013 3:21:57 AM   
rosseau

I have no problem dealing with two or three sites, rather than the risk of having my serial numbers all screwed up or having to re-register. Plus, God forbid a changeover would take away from development time for new games. That would not be good

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 16
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/11/2013 8:42:10 AM   
flanyboy

Can't be any more complicated than when Sprint bought Nextel, two different wireless networks running on completely different technologies... oh wait... bad example... Sprint still hasn't recovered from that debacle and they are finally shutting down Nextel's old network after what 10 years running two redundant but different cellular networks across the entire united states? woops.

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 17
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/11/2013 11:15:59 AM   
Hotschi

A simple first step for merging the forums would be...

... not to open up separate forums in separate places whenever a new release (or re-release) is out.

"One day, Tom, you'll be standing on a box on your bridge, and your ship will be smashed to pieces by bombers and torpedo aircraft; as she sinks, your last words will be "That was a f**ing great mine!""
- Air Marshal Arthur Harris to Adm Tom Phillips

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 18
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/11/2013 4:26:39 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

... not to open up separate forums in separate places whenever a new release (or re-release) is out.

This unfortunately is very inconvenient for people (and there are many) who only frequent one of the sites.

Unifying the logins and forums is something we want to do, but it's hard to overstate the technical and logical problems that need to be resolved.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 19
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/12/2013 12:24:56 AM   
rogo727

It's alright you can say it. Although we both speak English we are separated by a language barrier that may well never be crossed. For example... The British TV show "the office" and the American show based on the same theme... Watch it and compare the two that's how far apart matrix and slitherine are apart in terms of forums.

quote:

ORIGINAL: PipFromSlitherine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hotschi

This unfortunately is very inconvenient for people (and there are many) who only frequent one of the sites.

Unifying the logins and forums is something we want to do, but it's hard to overstate the technical and logical problems that need to be resolved.

Cheers

Pip

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 20
RE: Impressions on AC? - 6/21/2013 3:00:36 PM   
Razz

I have two sign names for matrix, one for members only and one for the forum.

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Impressions on AC? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI