Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't download 1.9.0.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Can't download 1.9.0.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/7/2013 1:09:51 AM   
elmo3

Keep getting an error: "Unable to download file. An error occurred while trying to open an FTP file."

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester
Post #: 1
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/7/2013 1:59:42 AM   
Erik Rutins

It's working fine for me here. Have you tried a reboot or a different browser?

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/7/2013 12:02:13 PM   
MachVII

Having a similar problem - downloads for a while then cuts out.

Also logging in through the members home on the matrix website says "No Downloads Available" for Shadows so can't load it manually.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/7/2013 12:28:18 PM   
michaelm

My download just finished fine.

Michael

(in reply to MachVII)
Post #: 4
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/7/2013 12:59:49 PM   
MachVII

Ok... third ways a charm.

The DWGameMenu updater kept cutting out and the "My Registered Games" wasn't showing anything (as per my message above) - but the Download link from the game page worked (matrixgames.com/products/466/downloads/). It also cut out at about 9mb, but pausing the download and resuming let it finish. Go figure...?

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/7/2013 3:09:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

Sounds like internet issues between your location and ours. You can always try a download manager (like Internet Download Manager) if you have any problems completing downloads from our site. That usually helps.

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to MachVII)
Post #: 6
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/7/2013 11:23:23 PM   
elmo3

Still won't download for me. I have downloaded dozens of updates for various games including DW and this is the first time I can recall having a problem. Tried rebooting but that did not help.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 7
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/12/2013 3:32:11 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Elmo3,

Are you able to download other updates or files from our FTP servers? Has this resolved at this point or are you still having this issue?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 8
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 6/12/2013 5:12:41 PM   
elmo3

Erik

I was just able to download the v214 update for Advanced Tactics Gold without any problem. So I tried the DW update again but it hangs as before. I noticed that it says "Downloading: DistantWorldsShadows-Update1905.exe from..." but there is no ftp server name listed after the "from" like there was with the ATG update. The update just stops responding after a couple of minutes.

Lee

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

Post #: 9
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 7/1/2013 9:50:27 PM   
elmo3

Can't download the 1908 file. "An error occurred while trying to open an FTP file." I am able to download FTP file updates for other games but my download for DW is FUBAR for some reason. Same problem I had with 1905. Any ideas on what is going wrong? Any cache I can clear? Does the server hate me?

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 10
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 8/29/2013 11:57:42 AM   
elmo3

Just an fyi that I can't download the latest update (1.9.0.11) using the "Check for Update" menu choice. Not a big deal as I was able to get it from the Members area. Just did successfully download both the Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics Gold updates via the "Check for Update" menu choices for those games. No idea why that still doesn't work for me for Distant Worlds.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 11
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 8/29/2013 12:35:02 PM   
mSterian

The menu INSIDE the game does not work. Use the launcher's auto-update.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 12
RE: Can't download 1.9.0.5 - 8/29/2013 10:41:00 PM   
elmo3

Yup, that's what I'm using and it doesn't work for me with Distant Worlds. Strange. Just posting in case anyone else had the same problem.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to mSterian)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Can't download 1.9.0.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI