Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for updates and patches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for updates and patches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for upda... - 6/7/2013 1:01:58 AM   
LRRP

The server speed on the Matrix and Slitherine servers is terrible and really they need to spend some money to upgrade them. It should not take forever to download an update or patch for a game. I have a 25mb download speed on my connection so I sure the heck know its not on my end.
Post #: 1
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 1:09:00 AM   
terje439

out of curiosity, did you go to the download link, or did you use an ingame function to update? The latter seems slower than the first at my end.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to LRRP)
Post #: 2
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 1:24:53 AM   
LRRP

Terje439, I am using the in game update function.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 1:30:18 AM   
rosseau

I must say I've never had a problem in years, but I always go to the link - never to the in-game update.

(in reply to LRRP)
Post #: 4
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 1:45:02 AM   
Ranger33

As someone who rarely sees download speeds greater than 150kb/s, no matter what, because that's as good as the internet gets here, I say suck it up and go eat a sandwich or something.

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 5
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 2:06:17 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LRRP

The server speed on the Matrix and Slitherine servers is terrible and really they need to spend some money to upgrade them. It should not take forever to download an update or patch for a game. I have a 25mb download speed on my connection so I sure the heck know its not on my end.

I rarely have problems, I wouldn't be surprised if Panzer Corps Allies is to blame. JD did say on twitter that Slitherine smashed their digital sales record today.

(in reply to LRRP)
Post #: 6
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 4:11:03 AM   
freeboy

I dl from members at 2-3 Meg's

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 4:12:07 AM   
rosseau

You have a point. It might be worth waiting a day or two before buying that one.

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 7:49:57 AM   
Iain McNeil

We've recently tripled the bandwidth by adding 2 mirror servers but Panzer Corps has hundreds of thousands of players and a 600 MB patch released yesterday so it is a lot of data. I'll check if there is an issue on the update server as it should get the same speeds as the standalone file.

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 9
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/7/2013 12:50:43 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Panzer Corps has hundreds of thousands of players .

Wow, really? That is great. Good work

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 10
RE: Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for ... - 6/8/2013 4:59:03 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Panzer Corps has hundreds of thousands of players .

Wow, really? That is great. Good work

They said the original sold over 200,000 units in their Steam Greenlight description was it?

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Matrix / Slitherine Need to Get better Servers for updates and patches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI