Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Financial Crisis

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Financial Crisis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Financial Crisis - 6/3/2013 1:21:30 PM   
Olek

I don't know if this is a feature or not, but every time I get to about 6 to 7 million in the bank, I seem to have a financial crisis which wipes out 3-4 million.
Post #: 1
RE: Financial Crisis - 6/3/2013 2:23:32 PM   
Kayoz

I think it's WAD.

I think it was put there so you don't end up sitting on a mountain of cash and doing something silly.

Use it or lose it.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

(in reply to Olek)
Post #: 2
RE: Financial Crisis - 6/3/2013 3:42:34 PM   
Plant

What is WAD? Working as designed?
Seems kinda odd, but then again, you aren't using the money anyways.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 3
RE: Financial Crisis - 6/3/2013 3:59:59 PM   
Kayoz

Yes - WAD == Working As Designed.

Sorry - too many days trapped in the dark, dank hole infested with worms and vermin... called QA. Or that's how it felt.

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 4
RE: Financial Crisis - 6/3/2013 6:44:23 PM   
Bebop Cola

I get the occasional Financial Crisis event. Usually only when I have multiple millions in the bank and it knocks it down by half.

It doesn't happen particularly regularly and certainly not at a fixed amount like 6-7 million, but it does happen. It's a money sink device to drain the old coffers of excess currency. Not an entirely bad way of doing it, but tweaking it on the supply and demand side to slow an over-accumulation of wealth in the first place would be good too.

Certainly, that part of the economy seems improved in Shadows, but once you have millions you're pretty much secure, but have nothing to spend it on. I mean, I guess your economy could tank at some point from war or somesuch and you could start depleting those savings, but I've not seen that really happen. By the time you're that powerful, there's just not a whole lot of risk economically. Hence, the event.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 5
RE: Financial Crisis - 6/4/2013 2:41:29 PM   
Osito

Funny, I've been playing for about a month and I'd never seen a financial crisis, despite frequently having 20m+ in the bank. Since 1.9.0.4 it's happened two times. Coincidence?
(Probably)

Osito

(in reply to Bebop Cola)
Post #: 6
RE: Financial Crisis - 6/4/2013 2:49:30 PM   
Olek

Thanks for the replies guys, I suppose it would make sense to have it as a feature, If I ended up having too much money it may make it too easy, having the ability to produce a huge force and rush the galaxy.

(in reply to Osito)
Post #: 7
RE: Financial Crisis - 6/6/2013 6:44:17 PM   
Speeder

I actually think it is a reflection of some borked design....

Some games I ended having 20, 30 million credits, and no way to expend them (because if I used the money in the same speed I earned, I would use up all galaxy resources and still not meet my demand...)

(in reply to Olek)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Financial Crisis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI