Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What happened to artillery spamming?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> What happened to artillery spamming? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What happened to artillery spamming? - 6/2/2013 4:13:06 PM   
Haudrauf1962

Since I am now thinking to get back into the game I now remember what made me stop playing: Russian players building only artillery and not much else were able to stop any German attack dead in the tracks. I saw Russian armies with 40 to 50 artillery and some cheap militias.

Has this problem been addressed? What are the differences between vanilla and deluce?

Thanks for any help on that.

Haudrauf

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)
Post #: 1
RE: What happened to artillery spamming? - 6/2/2013 6:19:10 PM   
rjh1971

With v1.040 you can't send just artillery to pound ground forces without troops, I'm not sure if there are also modifiers for sending more artillery than other troops. Anyway you can always stablished a house rule to avoid the exploit.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB

(in reply to Haudrauf1962)
Post #: 2
RE: What happened to artillery spamming? - 6/3/2013 5:42:35 AM   
Lebatron

In the latest Deluxe update I reduced the starting evasion of artillery from 5 to 4. In other words it only takes a roll of 12 to hit once or 24 to double hit for the kill. To many arty and to few infantry in your army will allow easy overruns. And these overruns that spill over can now get much easier hits on arty than before even after these troops suffer some suppression. This I think goes a long way toward addressing the ground troop to arty balance ratio.

I think the standard defense of 15 to hit and then 18 to hit after an arty EV upgrade made them to hard to damage when directly targeted by infantry that had a little suppression on them. I seen way to many near misses at the old levels.

Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> What happened to artillery spamming? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI