Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Making R&D factories build

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Making R&D factories build Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 12:56:42 AM   
Zigurat666

Is there some trick I,m missing? How do you get bases with loads of supply to build R&D factories? I have set up some frames to only require a 1 build and over two months have not built any of them. I can understand if the aircraft in question is years away but some of the models are only 6-8 months and are stagnant every turn.

***Schulzstaffen SS***
Post #: 1
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 1:55:58 AM   
CowboyRonin

You have to expand the factories until the number outside of the parentheses and the number inside the parentheses equal 30. The factory will then repair until it says 30(0). At that point, it will be helping research as much as it can. However, you really don't see anything "built"; you just see an announcement in the event log that "availability date of" whatever plane "advanced to" the new date (normally, they advance a month at a time). There are several other posts that explain why 30 is a magic size. Expanding an R&D Factory works exactly like expanding any other factory, and it costs the same as well.

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 2
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 2:25:56 AM   
Numdydar

Check this out http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3329605 and look under R&D for a complete explaination on how it works. The rest is pretty good too if I say so myself

(in reply to CowboyRonin)
Post #: 3
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 7:53:46 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zigurat666

Is there some trick I,m missing? How do you get bases with loads of supply to build R&D factories? I have set up some frames to only require a 1 build and over two months have not built any of them. I can understand if the aircraft in question is years away but some of the models are only 6-8 months and are stagnant every turn.

You need 10K supply to repair R&D factories
All factories at a facility must be repaired before you receive research pionts from it.
Repair is by random number and the further away the a/c is the higher the odds. Basicaly over 2 years is pointless.
30 factories gives you 1 RP per day, 100 RP are needed to advance the a/c one month
500+ engines of the a/c being researched doubles the RPs

< Message edited by Chris H -- 6/1/2013 7:57:22 AM >

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 4
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 9:12:43 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

All factories at a facility must be repaired before you receive research pionts from it.
Repair is by random number and the further away the a/c is the higher the odds. Basicaly over 2 years is pointless.
30 factories gives you 1 RP per day, 100 RP are needed to advance the a/c one month

In my current game vs. AI, I have some factories that I've been increasing 1 point each day I notice it's fully repaired (starting from 10 or so as I was slacking on the R&D). Even at only 8 months out from the arrival date, it takes many days to repair one point on an R&D factory - even if you have 11k+ supply.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 5
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 11:56:49 AM   
SuluSea

R&D 6 months away shouldn't be stagnant every turn.

In addition to the advice you've already gotten you'll not only need 10k plus 1k to start repairs but at locations where multiple industry is repairing you'll need an additional 1k for every factory undergoing repairs. If you fall short of supply something isn't getting repaired that turn so it's always nice to have a 2k to 3k cushion.

Don't know if it will assist but here's a screen from 4.3.42

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 6/1/2013 12:11:55 PM >

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 6
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 12:59:54 PM   
kmitahj

quote:

Just to add on top of all the info above: if you expand your r/d factory just by 1 element a day you are hurting your odds. If your expand it by 1 and wait till that one elemnt is repaired before you expand it by one again then you hurts your odds enormousely. Don't do it. Expand to your final target size for given r/d factory (typically 30) and then let the Dice Gods do their job (just try to keep the place supplied as said above).

The reason is that for every given day chance of repair is like SIZE-OF-FACTORY/DAYS-TILL-AIRFRAME-ARRIVAL, where factory size is total size of repaired and damaged elements. If you keep that size for long time below your final target you lose.

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 7
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 1:09:52 PM   
Zigurat666

OK so I already knew all of that except for the "Random number" thing to see if it will even repair. I guess thats my issue then is that I,m not getting the magic rolls to build. So in other words meeting all the conditions is only going to get a dice roll.

quote:

quote:

***Schulzstaffen SS***

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 8
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 2:18:30 PM   
Chris H

quote:

OK so I already knew all of that except for the "Random number" thing to see if it will even repair. I guess thats my issue then is that I,m not getting the magic rolls to build. So in other words meeting all the conditions is only going to get a dice roll.

quote:

quote:

Remember the further away the normal R&D is the worse the odds are at repairing a factory. If an a/c is two or more years away then forget about researching it until it is <=2 years.

What has not been mentioned is updating a facility to the next a/c in the family does not damage factories, any other upgrade damages all factories and reduces the number by about a 1/3. For instance upgrading a 30(0) A6M2 Zero to a A6M2 Sen Baku results in a 30(0) factory while upgrading to a A6M3 results in 0(23ish).

(in reply to Zigurat666)
Post #: 9
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 3:04:45 PM   
czert2

Are engines speeded up same way as planes ? since it will be "funny" to have developed plane but engine still in development phase.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 10
RE: Making R&D factories build - 6/1/2013 4:41:12 PM   
Numdydar

Actually engine R&D is different and the repair rate of the R&D factories too just so this will not happen. Chances are you will always get the engines well before you need them . At least I have without doing much of anything with engine R&D.

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Making R&D factories build Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI