PBEM glitches

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

pontiouspilot

PBEM glitches

Post by pontiouspilot »

I had stumbled across a tutorial/guide for play by em at some point...I can't find it now. Any sign posts??
Quixote

RE: PBEM tutorial/guide

Post by Quixote »

If you mean a thread/guide on how to start and play a PBEM, then here's the link.
tm.asp?m=2180809
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

thanks Don...don't get decapitated swinging at windmills!!
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

We have just started game. I am allies. Ironically Roosevelt is Jap...(not ironic if Republican). At end of my turn I saved. Before I sent it off today I wanted to go in and double check a couple of things. When I went to access what I saved it asked me a Y or N question ie "this does not appear to be an end of turn" , or something to that effect....and whether I wanted to proceed. Y or N? Once we have saved are we unable to go back in and make changes before we ship off turn? Is there any harm in answering Y and going back in? If we can't the upshot is that we must soldier all the way a turn all in 1 sitting!
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

I think that's there so you don't accidentally try to load your opponent's turn. Given that there's also a password, it might be an unnecessary precaution, but that's OK. It might also have been a troubleshooting device from the development team that got left in.

In any case, I do it all the time. Work on the turn and come back to it later. My only gripe is that I can't click on Yes/No and have to use Y/N.
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

that was a quick answer...thanks!!
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

Another PBEM issue dogging us. I just saved my 1st real turn (historical 1st) and returned to Jap player. He can't open it as it asks him for my password. I have tried re-saving and re-sending repeatedly to no avail. My directory shows it as saving at my end. Any suggestions??
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Did you end your turn.  It is the red arrow almost in the middle of your screen to the left of "Allied player"  That buttons saves and prepares the turn to your opponent.   God knows I have forgot to do this many times.  Even today. [:@]
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

Docup...wow...I'll try that!

Thanks
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

Also this button will end the turn.  You cannot bring the game back up if you save it this way.  Saving the turn is the far left button.
pontiouspilot

Post by pontiouspilot »

Docup....that is in fact all that was wrong. Thanks for the help...these forums are great!!
DOCUP

Post by DOCUP »

We try to help. 

Return to “The War Room”