Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion for Modder-Updated List of Mods

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Suggestion for Modder-Updated List of Mods Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion for Modder-Updated List of Mods - 5/29/2013 6:14:49 PM   
Tampa_Gamer

I have seen this work for other games which go through expansions and people coming/leaving community over a number of years. Essentially, you take a new thread and allow each modder one (and only one) post that they continue to update as they update/post new versions of their mods.

That post provides a brief description/version info and a link to each of their mods but typically would not have screen shots since that would take up too much real estate. The purpose is simply to provide a quick index to mods that each user will update rather than a moderator and pack as much information as possible without going overboard on self-advertising.

This provides the following benefits: (1) users have one place to start their search for various mods and can instantly see which mods versions are updated for the newest patch, etc. (think cheap Nexus Mod Manager); (2) once stickied, moderators don't have to continually update the thread (like the compendium thread which quickly becomes outdated); (3) each modder still has their own separate thread to post the actual mod, screen shots, details, get feedback, etc.; (4) works better than a search function due to the variety/nature of the mods; and (5) will serve to keep older mods from being permanently moved off the radar to due archiving, etc.

Each modder's post can be as simple as the following example:

Tampa_Gamer mods:

Character Symbol Mod v1.02 Shadows compatible - replaces character card symbols

Revised Systems.txt v1.00 Shadows compatible - replaces default systems name file with 1,500 easy/unique names

Sound Effects Mod v1.00 Legends compatible - replaces 40 of the default sound effects

Character Image Pack v1.00 Legends compatible - for use in your own mods to add 70 real life human characters

If you agree, simply post links to your mods as I did above and perhaps we can get this idea going.

FWIW, my DW Mods: Sound Effects
Character Symbols
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Suggestion for Modder-Updated List of Mods Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI