Unable to build tourist resort

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Osito

Unable to build tourist resort

Post by Osito »

Following on from my earlier post, here:

tm.asp?m=3336055

I'm pretty sure this is, in fact, a bug. The planet in question doesn't show up as a potential tourist resort, even though I gave it a scenary bonus of 90. Furthermore, constructors will not build a resort there, even though they will build one elsewhere.

As noted in my earlier post, the planet in question was created using the game editor. I'm not sure whether fixing this relatively minor problem will be much of a priority right now, but if you'd like me to upload a save game, please let me know.
Osito
elliotg

RE: Unable to build tourist resort

Post by elliotg »

Hi Osito

It's hard to say what's happening here without the savegame. From you description it sounds like you're doing everything correctly.

Feel free to upload that savegame

Thanks
Elliot
Osito

Post by Osito »

Ok, I've uploaded it under filename:

"Constructor won't build resort base at Saturn.dwg"

There's a constructor parked there for you to play with. Ask it to build a resort base at Saturn, and it won't do it. Nor will any of the other constructors.

I can build other bases: there's a gas mining station already there, and I was able to build an energy research base in one of my tests.

As mentioned, I have used the editor. This particular system was created from scratch right at the start of the game.

Hope this helps.

Osito
Osito
elliotg

Post by elliotg »

Thanks for the savegame. The construction ship could not build the Resort Base because the mining station already present at the planet was incorrectly blocking construction. I've changed this in the next update.

Thanks
Elliot
Osito

Post by Osito »

Wow! That's prompt service!
Thank you,
Osito
Osito
Radoslav

Post by Radoslav »

Distant Worlds Shadows 1.9.0.13
Classic game mode (not a pirate empire, not Age of Shadows)

At the beginning of the game I cannot build a resort base anywhere, although the design shows under the "buildable" filters and I do have more than enough funds available.

Are there any additional requirements for building resort bases early in the classic game, like rare resources that could not be provided at the start?

Save game: cannot_build_resort.zip.
Osito

Post by Osito »

Just as a quick reply (without access to the game) if you're at the start of the game, you may not have the tech required to build this item, although I'm not sure about that since you're in classic mode. I would look into that that possibility. I think others will soon be here to help you, but if not, I'll check it out again tomorrow, to see if I can give you a more precise answer.

Osito
Osito
Radoslav

Post by Radoslav »

Thank you for such a prompt response!

Re technology, I have Transport Systems (Passenger Module),Entertainment Systems (Recreation Center) and Space Commerce (Commerce Center) researched. Not sure if I would need anything else...
Osito

Post by Osito »

Ok, I've taken another look. This is weird, but it appears the resort base is not buildable at the start of the classic age, because it is too large (i.e. 720, when the maximum is size 690).

So what I think you need to do is to go in and edit the resort design to bring the maximum size down to 690. This can be done, for example, by removing three shields, although there are other options.

I'm not sure whether it's deliberate to put unbuildable designs in at the start of the game.

Does this help?

Osito
Osito
Radoslav

Post by Radoslav »

Hi Osito, it definitely helps, thank you for checking this - I would probably not discover it myself.

Return to “Tech Support”