Hmmm, well thanks for the advice so far. This is what I got going on:
1) GEM (all of it except the ships) I am leaving the default ships for a while since it's all new to me and they look pretty fun.
2) Tyrador's Light & Laser & Engine Effects (Not the ships, or ship names parts)
3) Conflictx New Shield Effect
4) Jon Micheelsen ExplosionsV20Light
5) Sirian's Resources and matching Help files.
6) For SFX, I'm using my own mix of TG Sound Effects Mod v1.00, and Ardilus Combat Audio Pack V2.zip plus my own tweaks. (I'm audio/music/sfx pro in rl )
7) Music, space ambient mix from tons of sources I just play in the background. (Select Mass Effect series tracks, Aes Dana, Solar Fields, FTL soundtrack, Eve Online soundtrack, my own tracks, etc...)
Thinking of using KALTHANIELL'S SHIPYARDS weapon effects to supplement Tyrador's but haven't gotten there yet. Need to see more combat in-game first.
Any others? Yeah, I like modding games.
< Message edited by AstroCat -- 5/27/2013 10:50:07 PM >