From: I'm from New Hampshire; I only work in cyberspace
OK, background: you aren't supposed to be able to solve all your problems. I know for sure this applies to the General Campaign and, having played Guad into November 42, it applies to the scenario.
You will be short of something, somewhere. This is not like me being mindless and playing Paradox's WW2 game with my beloved Real US Industrial Capacity Mod, otherwise known as BWAHAHA, it's clobberin' time.
Just keep that in mind - you need to prioritize and compromise.
* Put ENGs in Combat/Defend. Leave them like that. If anyone else wants to make a suggestion, chime in, but that's how they work, literally. They might benefit from Rest/Train once they're 100% Objective, but other than Move or Strat (moving), leave 'em in Combat.
* Click on and examine the LCU's screen. There are Base Forces, Engineers, Combat Engineers, Aviation Support, Naval Support - HQs provide Support, also. The screen will spell out & specify Support (in general), Aviation Support, Motorized Support, etc, & how much. Mouseovers on the LCU symbols tell you how much, also.
* Combat LCUs (infantry, armor, artillery, AA, coastal guns) tend to have some modest Support integrated into it, also.
* Each Base's Info screen specifies how much Support (in general) and Aviation Support is required there & how much is present.
Now, I have a bit of homework for you - PM me and tell me what kind of unit provides Torpedoes, 20 at a time. It ain't obvious, but it's one of the types I have mentioned here (not a Combat unit, though).
< Message edited by HexHead -- 5/27/2013 6:45:24 PM >
"Goddamn it, they're gittin' away!!"
- unknown tincan sailor near the end of Leyte Gulf, when Kurita retired