Question about acquired ships

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

FireStarterXoX69

Question about acquired ships

Post by FireStarterXoX69 »

I'm doing a play through playing as the pirates. I prefer to micro manage everything in the game, however, when pirate factions decide to join me everything that I acquire get's put on automation. I have not seen any place I can remove this feature. There's a check box to enable/disable newly built ships are automated. Is there a similar check box for what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance.
feelotraveller

RE: Question about acquired ships

Post by feelotraveller »

I don't think so.  You will need to manually disable the automation from your newly acquired ships, either from the ships and bases screen or by selecting each ship and turning the automation off there.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

There is a checkbox in the empire options.

To find it, enter options (o?), and find the empire settings/options button in the middle. One of the two checkboxes at the bottom is "Newly built ships start automated" or something to that effect.

Since feelo is an abuser of default stances, I am a tad surprised he did not look at the rest of that screen ;-)
FireStarterXoX69

Post by FireStarterXoX69 »

I am talking about ships that are acquired, not built by me. I like to micro manage the entire game so I always have this check box set off. As far as I know, the only way to stop the automation on the newly acquired ships via boarding, empires joining yours, etc is to manually take off the automation button in the military ships window =(

I had a game going where I had everything pretty much planned. I knew where exactly to put my space sports, where I wanted to build my mines, etc in a pirate play through... I start attacking the pirates and dominating them so every time I dominated a pirate faction another one winds up joining me so I acquire all their ships. I play a lot of times with the speed increased as well. Anyway, 3 minutes later I take a look at my bases window and the 10 constructor ships that I acquired are now all building space ports just... everywhere on the map and doing other silly things =( I just want to try to prevent this in the future games because I'm not always going to be able to catch the messages that show what I've acquired and such.
Bingeling

Post by Bingeling »

Ah, you are right. The behavior of that button could very well be changed to "all acquired ships...".

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”