Now that we are within hours of releasing Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm here the major differences.
- Maps. FPG had 4 FPC:RS has 26. The maps were created using Google Earth for accuracy.
- Map Graphics. FPG had very pretty hand painted maps that had a low functionality. FPC:RS has much less attractive graphics but the functionality of the maps is much greater.
- Water barriers in the form of minor rivers, major rivers and lakes are modeled in the game.
- Bridging is modeled in the game including blown bridges, building bridges and amphibious water crossings.
- Unit insignia's have been added to the game.
- The scenario editor is fully functional with tremendous flexibility.
- The AI is very tough to beat. It is constantly checking ownership of Victory Locations(VL's) and threats to determine it's response. No two games ever play out the same.
- Variable ending of scenarios. Scenarios from 4 to 14 hours can be created.
- Full range of summer weather conditions. Clear, misty, light/heavy rain are all modeled.
- Full range of light conditions. Dawn, Daylight, Dusk and Dark are all modeled.
- The game is fully moddable in regards to ORBATS, weapons values, terrain features, graphics, sound files, etc...
- Detailed ORBATS and equipment for units in the British, Soviet, US and West German Armies.
- Fully functional map editor. You can make and add your own maps to the game.
- All factors for infantry units, vehicles, artillery, helicopters, AAA/SAM and Close Air Support (CAS) equipment has all been revised.
- The combat models for infantry, vehicle, helicopter, artillery and CAS have all been redone.
- All units have special attributes that determine how they react during game play.
- Combat Engineer effects. These are currently abstracted to a large degree with the intent to improve on the Combat Engineering model later.
- Dismounted infantry. Leg infantry units can be created and are in the game.
- The FDC can take control of your indirect fire units or they can be controlled from a Fire Direction window of their own.
- Full range of game play options from full Fog of War to full knowledge.
- Two Campaigns with more currently being worked on.
- Real life tactics work the best.
I'm sure this list is incomplete.
This will give you an idea of some of what has been done since FPG was released.
I hope this helps you decide, after reading the comments that will surely be made about the game, whether this game is for you or not.
Either way, we appreciate your considering buying our game.
< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 10/8/2013 5:17:12 PM >
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.
Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.