Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spare Equipment

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Spare Equipment Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spare Equipment - 5/26/2013 5:43:32 PM   
USXpat

Just a quick question whether there are any limitations on using the "Spare Equipment" (with BioEd)?

Intended use would be to segregate a specific country's equipment. Any information appreciated.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Spare Equipment - 5/28/2013 6:57:36 PM   
golden delicious

I don't think there are any limitations. Personally, I've always used out-of-era (e.g. 70s equipment for a WWII scenario) equipment slots for this purpose rather than the "Spares".

This also makes it super obvious if you load the scenario with the wrong .exe. All those divisions will be 1-1s because of that one unit with 324 M109 Paladins.

"Event 902: Bob Cross slays dragons!"

http://www.savemstateathletics.com/tdg/

(in reply to USXpat)
Post #: 2
RE: Spare Equipment - 5/28/2013 10:20:51 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: USXpat

Just a quick question whether there are any limitations on using the "Spare Equipment" (with BioEd)?

Intended use would be to segregate a specific country's equipment. Any information appreciated.

Thanks!

There is a limit on the number of spare equipment slots, but it's a lot. See my Leipzig 1813 scenario for an example of splitting various identical squads into nationalities.

(in reply to USXpat)
Post #: 3
RE: Spare Equipment - 5/30/2013 2:10:40 PM   
USXpat

Thank you very much, Gentlemen. This should turn out okay having some wiggle room.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 4
RE: Spare Equipment - 5/30/2013 5:57:45 PM   
josant

Hello, i play with a modified and extended .eqp file that uses all spare slots and not experience any problem. but what you have to take into account is that if you made a modified eqp file and you make a new scenario, you must include the .eqp file with your scenario

(in reply to USXpat)
Post #: 5
RE: Spare Equipment - 9/20/2013 10:30:36 PM   
maurorlm

I have just issued a new scenario - Guerra no Pampa 2011 rev 2.1 - and the equipment file has all "spare equipment" slots used with no problems. The spare slots were used to put available some specific equipment for scenario purpose, mainly Brazilian and Argentinean manufactured weapons. You can find the scenario either in the Rugged Defense or in Gamesquad sites.

(in reply to josant)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Spare Equipment Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI