Finishing criminal network destroys space port

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Raap

Finishing criminal network destroys space port

Post by Raap »

I finally managed to finish the construction of a criminal network without any bugs, invasions or strange events somehow stopping me( though the defenders would rise up every now and again). However, at the time of completion my own expensive and powerful space port over the planet would simply disappear. Strictly speaking, I've seen this before and I think it's the fact that the planet changed ownership that is the cause of the space port being destroyed. I once had a neutral planet above which I had a space port, and when that neutral planet turned into a real and proper Empire, my space port would suddenly disappear.
Erik Rutins

RE: Finishing criminal network destroys space port

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yep, looks like we missed a corner case here, thank you for the report. Any chance you have a save file from before this happened?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Raap

Post by Raap »

Planet name is Akthul 5, currently in view. The Criminal Network will finish a few seconds after load, pop-up of completion appears and station disappears.

Uploaded as: Raap 26.05.2013 SpacePortDisappearing.dwg
Speeder

Post by Speeder »

I found a bug that might be related.

During my normal classic empire game, late game one pirate somehow managed to build criminal network!

I was eager to test a conquering capital ship design (I stuffed it with 20 massive troop compartment =D and I don't remember about also about 1800 in boarding strength) when I saw that planet...

Reaching there, it had a almost done large starbase, I decided to steal it first (so it does not kill me while I am busy with the planet), and it got completed AFTER I landed the boarding troops... That ended stealing it.

So, I had a complete fully repaired starbase =D

Then I conquered the planet!

And the starbase went poof (it disappeared, no animation, nothing, it was just gone)
Raap

Post by Raap »

Yah, I think whatever mechanism switches control of a planet from one empire to another also destroys whatever space stations orbit it. Since the criminal network switches control of the planet, it destroys the space station. In your case the invasion caused the switch, which also destroyed it.

Return to “Tech Support”