Shipyard repair

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

topeverest

Shipyard repair

Post by topeverest »

I've got a british BB that had half its main turrets disabled in a tango with Musashi. I took her to Columbo, which is level 9 and 40 repair yard in our game. The major systems damage repair estimate keeps reporting 1000+ in red days even though the remainaing damage is repairing with an estimate of about 80 days remaining. This has been going on for about two game months.

I have had this situation prior but the ship ended up in a larger repair yard. The major systems damage was repaired within about a monht's time, which hasnt happened here.

Question - Is columbo too small a reair yard to repair that turret damage, or will it repair prior to the remaining 80ish days left to repair the other damage.
Andy M
Icedawg

RE: Shipyard repair

Post by Icedawg »

I think the 40 shipyard is just too small to accommodate the ship. The largest ship a 40 shipyard can accommodate is 40k tons. I'm guessing your BB is just too big.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

THere is a formula for device repair. Main Turrets need a big shipyard ... Seattle comes to mind. East coast.
Pax
pmelheck1

Post by pmelheck1 »

Weapons repair uses a different formula than just ship repairs. Weapon repair size is 20xport size. So a 40 port can repair a 800 effect gun.

For example a KGV BB has an effect of 1590. It would need a size 80 repair yard to fix.

I had a Brit BB damaged in a surface fight and I had to send it off map for a port large enough to repair it or send it across the pacific. Even South Africa wasn't large enough, I wound up sending it to the East coast USA
czert2

Post by czert2 »

reason why you see big disparity in shipyard and normal repair can be because of big major damege, which is only repaired at SY, minor damage can be repaired in any port - thats probaly that displayed 80 days.
If port is not big enough for fully repair that ship i will recomend to keep it at port untill all minor damage is repaired and then to send it to big SY for complete repair (for minimizing risk of sinking while underway and give it bigger buffor in case if encoutered by enemy).
Writing how big mormal and major damage is can help to find problém, and idealy writing ship class :).
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Thanks Guys,

The BB is 33K tonnes and the shipyard is 40. The port is level 9. I am worried that the ship wont fully repair the weapons system damage because the shipyard isnt big enough. I've never tried to repair a BB with main turret damage in a shipyard with only 40 points, and I am not sure it will work. I dont want to move her off-map and lose her for a number of extra months if the ship will repair. make sense?
Andy M
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: topeverest

Thanks Guys,

The BB is 33K tonnes and the shipyard is 40. The port is level 9. I am worried that the ship wont fully repair the weapons system damage because the shipyard isnt big enough. I've never tried to repair a BB with main turret damage in a shipyard with only 40 points, and I am not sure it will work. I dont want to move her off-map and lose her for a number of extra months if the ship will repair. make sense?

Read Alfred's Repair 101 document. Weapon repair is different than the other three kinds.

Edit: If Aden is open to the Med you may ba able to go through there to the UK yards. A little faster than CT/EC. The UK has a big yard.
The Moose
Sredni

Post by Sredni »

alfred's repair 101 guide --> tm.asp?m=2990845
wdolson

Post by wdolson »

Larger ship guns are more difficult to repair by design. In reality there were few places those guns could be replaced. I have repaired British BB guns at Cape Town, but that may have been 14 inch guns (it was a while back). For 16 inch guns, you pretty much need to go to one of the very large off map ports or to one of the very large ship yards on the West Coast of the US.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
topeverest

Post by topeverest »

Thanks again,

These BB main weapon damages in fact cannot be repaired in a 40 yard, even with the tender support I have present. She's headed to USA or Britian. Somewhere in the deep recesses of my limited mind, I know I have seen thr repair 101 email before. too bad I didnt remember that part.
Andy M

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”