Memorial Day

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

LoneWulf63

Memorial Day

Post by LoneWulf63 »

Gentlemen,

We all play these games, sims, or whatever you want to call them but for those that actually fought in any war, it is far far from being a game. That said, I dedicate this YouTube video (no its not mine) on this US Memorial Day weekend to all the servicemen and service-women who fought and died during the terrible years of the Viet-Nam War.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM8ix0siRVQ

Christopher Buck
United States Navy, 1972
In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
rodney727

RE: Memorial Day

Post by rodney727 »

Memorial Day make no mistake is not just about the Vietnam war . I give thanks and honor those who fought against the British empire...twice. To the brave men and women who protected this country against all foreign enemies ... To the 600'000 souls who lost their lives in the civil war... The forgotten Spanish -American war. WWI and WW2 (how much would the world be different ) if there was no U.S in WW2...( thank you grandpa). The Korean War (thank you dad). The Vietnam war (thank you uncle). The gulf wars...Afghanistan and every other conflict in which any American service person risked their life in serving this great country. You see to me it's not jus a long weekend or a day off. IT REALLY MEANS SOMETHING TO MY FAMILY.
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
reg113

Post by reg113 »

+1
"Life's a b***h, then you die."
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Went with my family to the service and parade today. My son always enjoys the parade but he's also learning what it's all about every time we go. Got to speak to a veteran today who worked as a teenager making thermal underwear for our troops in Alaska in WWII, then was drafted for Korea where he fought against the Chinese, then helped out in a reserve home front capacity during Vietnam.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Went with my family to the service and parade today. My son always enjoys the parade but he's also learning what it's all about every time we go. Got to speak to a veteran today who worked as a teenager making thermal underwear for our troops in Alaska in WWII, then was drafted for Korea where ...

... he wished he saved a set of those thermals for himself [;)]
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

Return to “General Discussion”