Thanks for Expac, need some direction on ships.

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Larsenex

Thanks for Expac, need some direction on ships.

Post by Larsenex »

Eric and company, thanks for Shadows! I am happy to fully support independent devs anyway I can.

So I got Shadows and got into game and realized I cannot build troop transports. Um, ok. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what techs i need to build them (and why) and if there is additional stuff I should consider before invading? I saw there were special armoured troops I can research. How does this affect things?

What are Gravitic weapons and how are they as compared to my standby Torpedoes and Phasers?

Thanks for administering to my ignorance. Yes I could just read but having you all taunt me and still answer is infinitely more fun!
Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.
Spacecadet

RE: Thanks for Expac, need some direction on ships.

Post by Spacecadet »

Troop Transport Tech in under High Tech & Industrial - Transport Systems is the first level Tech needed for that.

Not sure which aspect you're playing, but you may also be limited by ship size, something else you'll need to research.

I haven't used Gravitic weapons yet, but I've been on the receiving end - they can be bad news.

CPU: Intel 2700K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 970
Res: 1920 x 1200

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”