Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 3:23:42 PM   
Philkian

Matrix Games is proud to announce the release of a new update for Distant Worlds: Legends, the second expansion for the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game series Distant Worlds, in preparation for the imminent release of the third expansion, Distant Worlds: Shadows.

The v1.7.0.20a update optimizes list screen performance in very large galaxies, fixes some issues with large games on multi-threaded computers, corrects some bugs, improves AI weapon selection in ship design and adds .Net Framework 4.0, which Distant Worlds: Legends now requires.

Below is the full changelog:

v1.7.0.20a – May 22nd, 2013

• Third Official Update

• Fixes and Improvements

o Several in-game screens open much faster now. Optimized screens include: Construction Yards, Ships and Bases, Colonies, Troops, Expansion Planner.
o Fixed threading-related issues that happen while playing a very big game on a very fast machine.
o Fixed crash that was found in German DW ROTS.
o Fixed problems with saving and loading Empire Policy files on PCs with some non-English regional settings. To test this fix: change the regional settings to a language that uses different decimal format (e.g. French) and test saving altered Empire Policy files from the Empire Policy screen. Check that altered policy files correctly reload the changed values.
o Some missing Empire Policy settings are now properly saved: Allow sabotage mission: Destroy base, Allow sabotage mission: Assassinate character, Never recruit troops until colony population reaches X threshold.
o Added comprehensive fallback options for weapons selection in AI ship designs (as per DW Shadows). This will ensure that AI military ships always have weapons, even when preferred weapon type has not yet been researched.
o Added .Net Framework 4.0, which DW: Legends now requires, to the update installer.

To download the update, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or download it directly from the game’s download page here.

Get more information on Distant Worlds: Legends from its official product page.

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 6/13/2013 10:23:26 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 4:18:42 PM   
sanderz

Do you need to have this patch installed to be able to install Shadows?

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 4:59:19 PM   
Bingeling

No, legends patches are not needed for Shadows, but legends itself is.

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 3
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 5:11:52 PM   
solops

When running the patch installer an unexpected screen pops up during the MS Net 4.0 installation asking if I want to "Repair" or "Remove" MS Net 4.0. This is not what I expected , which was for the installer to install or add to the Net 4.0 files on my PC. I assume the correct response is to "Repair" Net 4.0?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it. - Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 4
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 5:29:09 PM   
AndyG1

What it means is you've already got MS Net 4.0 on your system. Choosing repair ensures you have a 'fresh' version, that's the way to go.

quote:

ORIGINAL: solops

When running the patch installer an unexpected screen pops up during the MS Net 4.0 installation asking if I want to "Repair" or "Remove" MS Net 4.0. This is not what I expected , which was for the installer to install or add to the Net 4.0 files on my PC. I assume the correct response is to "Repair" Net 4.0?

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 5
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 5:32:41 PM   
AndyG1

On starting the game post new patch, I get the background video and a box overlay re 'default' or other scheme - but lose my mouse pointer completely. Not until the video ends does it re-appear. Can't seem to stop the video (ESC or Return etc don't seem to effect it). Never noticed this before in version prior to this patch. Just a heads up in case others come across it.

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 6
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 6:56:01 PM   
springel

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyG1

On starting the game post new patch, I get the background video and a box overlay re 'default' or other scheme - but lose my mouse pointer completely. Not until the video ends does it re-appear. Can't seem to stop the video (ESC or Return etc don't seem to effect it). Never noticed this before in version prior to this patch. Just a heads up in case others come across it.

Noticed this as well, but a mouse click stopped the video and brought me to the main menu.

(in reply to AndyG1)
Post #: 7
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 6:56:06 PM   
jesuswhywhy

updated from the link and restarted but its still says .20 not .20a hmm tried the official check for updates and it was .20... nm i can wait till tomorrow :)

(in reply to AndyG1)
Post #: 8
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 9:13:06 PM   
shunwick

I have 1.7.0.20abeta installed, do I still need to update to the official 1.7.0.20 patch or alternatively, will installing it over the top of the beta cause any problems?

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to jesuswhywhy)
Post #: 9
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 9:15:58 PM   
Erik Rutins

.20 is the version you will see even though we call it .20a. If you had the beta it's still a good idea to update to the official version. Updating will not cause any problems.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 10
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 9:17:12 PM   
Bingeling

Installing on top of the other is no danger at all (as long as the install is Legends).

There may be differences from the beta, and installing it won't hurt.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 11
RE: Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! - 5/22/2013 9:26:30 PM   
shunwick

Guys,

Thanks for the quick response. Downloading and installing now.

Best wishes,
Steve

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Distant Worlds: Legends gets Updated! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI