Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

additional nations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Mods and Scenarios >> additional nations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
additional nations - 5/22/2013 4:24:43 AM   
Bel8910

Steve,
is there a way to add additional nations (for example British) to the Nations file?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Bel8910
Post #: 1
RE: additional nations - 5/22/2013 6:13:06 PM   
Steve McClaire

Yes, you can do that.

The first line in the file is just a count of nations. So you would need to change this to 3 if you're adding just one.

Following that you need one row for each nation, to define the side, nation short name, and soldier ranks. Despite what is in the workbook the fields of these lines beyond RANK COY CMDR are not actually used.

Side = 0 for Allies, 1 for Axis.

The nation name is a two character string. This is used to locate the soldier names data files (i.e. USNames.txt, GENames.txt) and the soldier voice cues (Like GEVox.sfx and EGEVox.sfx for the Germans - DefaultVox.sfx is the US voice cues and is used by default if there are no separate cues available).

The ranks give the base rank for a soldier in each position.

The second section of data also needs one row per nation, and gives the unit numbering string for units at Platoon level and below. These need to be in the same order as the nation data in the first section. The first field is the index position of the nation, and should just go up from 0 for each row. The second field should always be 0. The remaining fields are the 20 position strings used to name units by default (i.e. 1st Squad, 4.Zug, etc).

Steve

(in reply to Bel8910)
Post #: 2
RE: additional nations - 5/22/2013 7:25:01 PM   
Bel8910

Ok. I see where I went wrong. Much appreciated, as always!

(in reply to Steve McClaire)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Mods and Scenarios >> additional nations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI