Why can Allied AKs not load resources at Eastern USA?

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

el cid again

Why can Allied AKs not load resources at Eastern USA?

Post by el cid again »

The title says it all. You can produce and consume resources at Eastern USA. You can unload them.
You can ship they out - by railroad. But while you can assign an AK to carry them, and it accepts the
order, it never, ever loads any. Why?

Chris21wen

RE: Why can Allied AKs not load resources at Eastern USA?

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: el cid again

The title says it all. You can produce and consume resources at Eastern USA. You can unload them.
You can ship they out - by railroad. But while you can assign an AK to carry them, and it accepts the
order, it never, ever loads any. Why?

The only reason I can think of is the base you are trying load from own requirement for resources. Can't remember the exact figure but a base will alway keep enough resources/oil plus some to keep it's own factories in use. Not tried this but what happens if you turn off production at the base?
Yaab

Post by Yaab »

Eastern USA has no industry. All it has are Repair Shipyards.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

There are no resources in Eastern USA in the real game. Whatever stuff Trevethan has put in his own mod is not something he should expect to get tech support on.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

There are no resources in Eastern USA in the real game. Whatever stuff Trevethan has put in his own mod is not something he should expect to get tech support on.

By that standard, there is no point in adding anything at all. In fact, resources in the Eastern USA work perfectly well - feeding local industry - and exporting down rail lines or roads to other places that need them. They just seem unwilling to load on ships. Why might that be? And why is it acceptable that it be? If a ship appears there, one should be able to load it as required for the mission the player wants to assign to it. Other off map locations do not have a similar restriction.
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I just tried it in a stock-based scenario and it worked for me (on version 1123j2).
I recall trying this before when it was raised and couldn't see any reason why it would not work. Especially if supply loads.

Attachments
loadingresatEA.jpg
loadingresatEA.jpg (71.35 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Michael
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Only thing I noticed is that EA has a tendency to dump its resources in to the main map if there is no reason to hold them there. In the above test, I put lots of resources in EA for loading, but my turn 3 there were no resources left and the ships could no longer pick 'Load resource'
Michael
jcjordan

Post by jcjordan »

Not having looked at his game but could it be he's trying to load below the limits of what EUSA needs to maintain to run what factories are there? It happens at LA when you try to load oil lower than what level LA needs to process
jmalter

Post by jmalter »

I agree w/ jcjordan - in my DBB_B game, I was unable to load Oil at LA, despite its apparent availability. I had to turn off the LA refineries for a week to build up an excess of Oil for shipment to Oz.
Symon

Post by Symon »

That's a crock. I have been regularly loading Oil at LA since Setup Release v1007 in 2009. Any time I want with no restrictions except the usual ones.

USEC and, correspondingly, UK, do not have a connection with the main map. Maybe that's because they are in the Atlantic? Resources, and other things, flow from USEC to nominal embarcaction ports for purposes of the theater representation of the game. That's the way it works.
Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

Return to “Tech Support”