Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Deleting Saved Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Deleting Saved Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Deleting Saved Games - 5/18/2013 11:30:20 PM   
Lonewolf

How can you do that?

I went to the folder C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\SAVE and there are tons of files there. How do I know what is what?
Post #: 1
RE: Deleting Saved Games - 5/18/2013 11:50:40 PM   
Rainer

The pws files are the saves, like "wpae004.pws" is the save in slot 4 (if you used that slot).
The txt files are the reports, like "aoperationsreport_420901.txt" is the Allied Operationsreport as of Sep 1, 1942.

You (and many other players probably) have many of these txt files because the game doesn't delete them.

WitP/AE
1.7.11.25d
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch

(in reply to Lonewolf)
Post #: 2
RE: Deleting Saved Games - 5/19/2013 1:21:47 AM   
Lonewolf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

The pws files are the saves, like "wpae004.pws" is the save in slot 4 (if you used that slot).
The txt files are the reports, like "aoperationsreport_420901.txt" is the Allied Operationsreport as of Sep 1, 1942.

You (and many other players probably) have many of these txt files because the game doesn't delete them.

Is there a switch or setting that I can turn those off. I am surprised nobody have thought of removing them after so many turns....

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 3
RE: Deleting Saved Games - 5/19/2013 8:49:21 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lonewolf

quote:

Is there a switch or setting that I can turn those off. I am surprised nobody have thought of removing them after so many turns....

Only the latest reports should be in the save folder. All the older reports should be in a subfolder call 'archive' and are there in case you want to load a previous turn. If they annoy you Open archive, select all, hit delete.

(in reply to Lonewolf)
Post #: 4
RE: Deleting Saved Games - 5/19/2013 12:09:45 PM   
Itdepends

Don't forget you can do a search of .txt files using Notepad++. It will auto search all the files in a folder. Very handy for getting intel on a particular base if you're not using tracker or similar.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 5
RE: Deleting Saved Games - 5/19/2013 3:40:47 PM   
Justus2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lonewolf

quote:

Only the latest reports should be in the save folder. All the older reports should be in a subfolder call 'archive' and are there in case you want to load a previous turn. If they annoy you Open archive, select all, hit delete.

If you include the '-archive' switch in the command line for starting the game (usually in the properties of the desktop shortcut), it will create the Archive subfolder and place all the text files there. If not, it should just continue to overwrite the latest text file, as I understand it.

Check out my AAR - Avoiding the Turkeyshoot! (Marianas Scenario, as Japan):
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3867657

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Deleting Saved Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI