OT What if?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Footslogger

OT What if?

Post by Footslogger »

This movie is a 'What If" the Axis won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=4BU ... =endscreen

GreyJoy

RE: OT What if?

Post by GreyJoy »

It's a very well known movie with Rutger Heur (don't know how to spell it and too lazy to google [:D]). I also read the book, which is, as always, WAY better.

The what if scenarios are really fascinating to me, so I've read all the books I could find. There's also a very interesting novel by P.Dick (don't know the English original title) where Japan won the war and occupies the western coast of US.

There's also a series of books by Turtledove about what if WWII scenarios... pretty interesting if you ask me.

Then there's a book (available on Amazon) called "The Night Watch", written by an Italian dentist... written directly in English... well, probably the worst possible English (plenty of mistakes and errors) but the scenario is SUPERB. it's about Heydrich surviving the 1942 attack in Prague and taking control of the nachtjag in order to solve the problem of the british night raids (which, ex plurimis, dropped the paras who assassinated Heydrick in RL)... and the whole novel is built around the nachtjag and its peculiarities (very interesting under a technical POV).
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

The Dick novel ([;)]) was called The Man in the High Castle.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

The Dick novel ([;)]) was called The Man in the High Castle.

Must be that one! Was good... but, maybe, for us WITP grognards a little bit too weak under a military pov... didn't explain very well how could japan win the war (strategically speaking)... but I think that wasn't the purpose of the author anyway [:)]
While that "Night Watch" I cited is clearly written by a military history fanatic... he talks about details that can be loved just by people like us [:D] (the muzzle velocity of a new 20mm german air cannon compared to the hispano one, or the new stellar Jumo engine equipping a prototype of a Ju-88)... I've loved that book! If it wasn't for that "Bad" English, i'd highly recommend to everyone of you! (well, I can say that it's "readable"... but a person who speaks a good English would probably find it horrible under a linguistic point of view)

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”