Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does the AI CHEAT intentionally?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Does the AI CHEAT intentionally? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does the AI CHEAT intentionally? - 5/15/2013 2:24:44 AM   
Jenska

I've run into two conditions, one I think is clearly a bug, while the other makes me wonder.
1. I've seen the AI build ships in land locked cities. I may have a screen shot of this somewhere.if so I'll post it. v211-v214 I think
2. On a standard, random, crates/AI game, an isolated, island, renegade AI city, was pounded by my air and naval forces to near 0 points, but always had full points and production at the next turn, preventing any sort of reasonable invasion. V211 I think
Post #: 1
RE: Does the AI CHEAT intentionally? - 5/15/2013 9:25:45 AM   
Vic

Hi Jenka,

The AI gets help yes.

Check out this wiki page for more info:
http://www.vrdesigns.nl/atwiki/doku.php?id=artificial_intelligence

And the building of ships in landlocked city sounds like a bug, although it happens really quite rarely, it should still be fixed indeed. If you have a savefile of a game where this occured please send it to vic@xs4all.nl

thanks for your feedback.

best regards,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Jenska)
Post #: 2
RE: Does the AI CHEAT intentionally? - 5/15/2013 3:16:35 PM   
Jenska

I knew the AI got help but didn't realize it was that extensive. Reducing a city to 100 points and 65 rifles only to find it back at 2000 points and 200+ rifles the next turn was a surprise. It was particualrly discouraging because it was a single hex island, so troops couldn't be massed on adjacent hexes.

I've only ever seen the landlocked ships twice, and didn't bother saving them at the time. I only mentioned it in case it was an AHA kind of problem. IMO its not worth looking for, but I'll save the game if I ever see it again.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Does the AI CHEAT intentionally? - 5/15/2013 3:43:13 PM   
Twotribes

Hell I can't even bomb cities.

(in reply to Jenska)
Post #: 4
RE: Does the AI CHEAT intentionally? - 5/15/2013 4:31:55 PM   
Jenska

If you're so close you're already strategically bombing the capital, isn't the game almost over?

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 5
RE: Does the AI CHEAT intentionally? - 5/15/2013 7:44:26 PM   
Twotribes

No I just declared was it is a 6 regime xlarge map. His Capitol just happens to be near my border. But it doesn't matter Vic has chosen not to answer my thread. So the game is over

(in reply to Jenska)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Does the AI CHEAT intentionally? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI