Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT - A request to all my former shipmates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT - A request to all my former shipmates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT - A request to all my former shipmates - 5/14/2013 11:33:37 PM   
Kwik E Mart

does anyone remember the booklets we used to have to carry around and get signed before we could get qualified in certain areas? some examples were air crewman, surface warfare officer, patrol plane commander, mission commander, tactical action officer, ship's weapon officer, etc. i'm looking for soft copy examples of some of these to use as examples for our training program where i work...nothing classified, of course, just how they were laid out and arranged...thanks

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 1
RE: OT - A request to all my former shipmates - 5/15/2013 12:31:54 AM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

does anyone remember the booklets we used to have to carry around and get signed before we could get qualified in certain areas? some examples were air crewman, surface warfare officer, patrol plane commander, mission commander, tactical action officer, ship's weapon officer, etc. i'm looking for soft copy examples of some of these to use as examples for our training program where i work...nothing classified, of course, just how they were laid out and arranged...thanks

There are a bunch of submairne related examples here

http://www.ssbn657.com/Qual%20Cards.htm

from different eras. These are just the sign-off cards, not the qualification notebook one had to prepare. Mine was classified and I had to leave it behind when I went PCS.

Here's a different boat, in blank

http://boomer.user-services.com/documents/qualcard.html

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 5/15/2013 12:35:46 AM >

The Moose

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 2
RE: OT - A request to all my former shipmates - 5/15/2013 4:07:24 AM   
sandman455

No clue. Perhaps the booklets were command or community specific. I'm pretty certain I never saw one in the S-3 or F/A-18 communities. There was of course the NATOPS training jacket. If you were Navair it was the depository for everything that was important. Access was controlled, it followed you for your entire career and if a specific command wanted to add some pages to it with their own training qualification program they were free to do so.

BTW, CNATRA has a copy of the 3710 online. Perhaps it has something similar to what you are looking for. You probably could find a NATOPS Training Jacket as well. Of course I will caution you that reading anything from OPNAV or CNATRA may make you go blind or senile - especially if you are no longer paid to do so. Good luck.

Gary S (USN 1320, 1985-1993)
AOCS 1985, VT10 1985-86, VT86 1986, VS41 1986-87
VS32 1987-90 (NSO/NWTO, deployed w/CV-66, CVN-71)
VS27 1990-91 (NATOPS/Safety)
SFWSLANT 1991-93 (AGM-84 All platforms, S-3 A/B systems)

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: OT - A request to all my former shipmates - 5/15/2013 6:12:13 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

from different eras. These are just the sign-off cards, not the qualification notebook one had to prepare. Mine was classified and I had to leave it behind when I went PCS.

these are close...thanks for sharing

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

Post #: 4
RE: OT - A request to all my former shipmates - 5/15/2013 7:11:30 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

quote:

quote:

The officer qual card is many pages long, but I can't find one on-line. A line nuc needed someting like 2000 sigs to complete all required quals before being released to take the Engineer test at Naval Reactors. EOOW, COW, DOOW, OOD, CDO, Contact Coordinator, and the various SIOP quals are the ones I remember in addition to the dolphins card.

< Message edited by Bullwinkle58 -- 5/15/2013 7:12:28 PM >

The Moose

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 5
RE: OT - A request to all my former shipmates - 5/15/2013 8:58:13 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The officer qual card is many pages long, but I can't find one on-line. A line nuc needed someting like 2000 sigs to complete all required quals before being released to take the Engineer test at Naval Reactors. EOOW, COW, DOOW, OOD, CDO, Contact Coordinator, and the various SIOP quals are the ones I remember in addition to the dolphins card.

...sounds very familiar...the CWO (Combat Watch Officer) and the SWC (Ship's Weapons Coordinator) were many pages long as well...TAO (Tactical Action Officer) was even longer, but me and the Ops O didn't get along, so i never got the chance to complete it...

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT - A request to all my former shipmates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI