Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT-War cycles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT-War cycles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT-War cycles - 5/13/2013 3:22:21 PM   
bigred

Got this jpeg from a solicitor...

Attachment (1)

---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2597400
Post #: 1
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/13/2013 5:07:34 PM   
Colonel Mustard

Ahh, predictive modelling. I love how it takes a big downturn right around 2002.

Wait....I think that chart is my stock portfolio! Big things are coming my way soon!

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 2
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/13/2013 8:27:52 PM   
czert2

time to invest in weapons and ammo companyies.

(in reply to Colonel Mustard)
Post #: 3
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/14/2013 1:04:09 PM   
Hiltibrant

Why is the value on the y-Axis mostly running in the negative? Or is that a graphical representation of the war deficit, i.e. there not being enough wars?

(in reply to czert2)
Post #: 4
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/14/2013 2:55:15 PM   
Chickenboy

Patent rubbish. No really. Your friend should patent this algorithm for its rubbishness.

Given about 3 minutes on MS Excel, I could also draw up some oddball formula and graph it over fictitious years. That would hardly constitute any circulable 'truth'.

(in reply to Hiltibrant)
Post #: 5
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/14/2013 4:40:56 PM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Patent rubbish. No really. Your friend should patent this algorithm for its rubbishness.

Given about 3 minutes on MS Excel, I could also draw up some oddball formula and graph it over fictitious years. That would hardly constitute any circulable 'truth'.

I've been thinking of it as a joke . It's so far from serious that it can't be anything but!

Although when I first opened the thread, I thought maybe it would be something about historical world systems/cycles, which would've been interesting. I heard somebody speculate the other day about major societal changes/shifts occurring every 80 years or so, at least for the past couple of centuries. It was interesting to think about.

< Message edited by Lokasenna -- 5/14/2013 4:42:26 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 6
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/14/2013 5:17:33 PM   
Canoerebel

There have been some interesting correlations between weather and wars - many wars seem to coincide with "the coldest winter in xx-umpteen years." (Or perhaps it's a matter of perspective - the footsoldier huddled in a foxhole at Bastogne or in a tent at Harper's Ferry isn't likely to feel a warm glow.)

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 7
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/14/2013 6:07:40 PM   
dazoline II

The original posting: http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/wwiii-has-already-started-51841

Trying not to be the pot calling the kettle black the guy that wrote that in my opinion has no understanding of a real shooting war. Although he maybe on to somthing with mesuring the interestingness in the world as defined by a certain Chinese curse.

Moscow by winter? Only if you send Fast Heinz to Kiev.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 8
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/14/2013 6:38:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I've been thinking of it as a joke . It's so far from serious that it can't be anything but!

Although when I first opened the thread, I thought maybe it would be something about historical world systems/cycles, which would've been interesting. I heard somebody speculate the other day about major societal changes/shifts occurring every 80 years or so, at least for the past couple of centuries. It was interesting to think about.

Got it. That makes more sense. Sorry if I was snippish.

I think the trend for warfare amongst mankind would be decidely lowering toward the right. Never-ending warfare is increasingly uncommon. People (in general) are very unlikely to die as a result of warfare or terrorism. Sure, there are exceptions, but this is moving in the right direction.

I agree with Plato that "only the dead have seen the end of war". Still, less war killing less people over the next two centuries (forward-looking)? I'll take it as progress.

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 9
RE: OT-War cycles - 5/15/2013 3:05:05 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: dazoline II

The original posting: http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/wwiii-has-already-started-51841

Trying not to be the pot calling the kettle black the guy that wrote that in my opinion has no understanding of a real shooting war. Although he maybe on to somthing with mesuring the interestingness in the world as defined by a certain Chinese curse.

Several (most?) of the things he "checks" on his list aren't actually "checked" at all . Citations needed.

(in reply to dazoline II)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT-War cycles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI