Japanese RD-factories

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Sieppo

Japanese RD-factories

Post by Sieppo »

RD-factories turn into producing the model they have researched once it's finished. So one is able only to research one plane type per RD-factory?
> What is the hardest thing in the universe?
> A diamond?
> No. 500 machine gun men on a mountain.
Gunnulf

RE: Japanese RD-factories

Post by Gunnulf »

You can switch it to research another model before it finishes and converts. The abandoned R&D will still finish at whatever month you have accelerated to so far, but will not produce unless you have another production factory assigned. Depending on whether the new model you switch to is of the same path (there are flow charts somewhere) then the R&D factory will stay intact or not.
E.g. You are nearly finished with Zero 3a you can switch to Zero 5 and the R&D factory will stay intact and start researching the 5 model. If you have a Zero 3 factory in production then you can switch that to 3a when the new date is reached. However if you switch the R&D factory to Frank for example it will degrade and have to repair before research begins.
"Stay low, move fast"
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

ORIGINAL: Gunnulf

You can switch it to research another model before it finishes and converts. The abandoned R&D will still finish at whatever month you have accelerated to so far, but will not produce unless you have another production factory assigned. Depending on whether the new model you switch to is of the same path (there are flow charts somewhere) then the R&D factory will stay intact or not.
E.g. You are nearly finished with Zero 3a you can switch to Zero 5 and the R&D factory will stay intact and start researching the 5 model. If you have a Zero 3 factory in production then you can switch that to 3a when the new date is reached. However if you switch the R&D factory to Frank for example it will degrade and have to repair before research begins.

A very good answer thanks! Awesome, this was important to me :)!
> A diamond?
obvert

Post by obvert »

This can also be touchy. I've had several occasions when I wanted to keep a factory researching the next model and it upgrades to production. It can do this at the beginning of a month when the plane becomes available. If you don't check and neglect to change it back right away it will remain a production factory forever (with Realistic R n D on anyway).

Once I had all of the Tojo research factories 'upgrade' to production and then was left with no research factories, so I had to start over for the next models! [:@]

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

RD-factories turn into producing the model they have researched once it's finished. So one is able only to research one plane type per RD-factory?

If you set upgrade to Yes and prod to No then RD factories will automatically upgrade to the next plane in the family but not go into production. However I did have one oddity were the a/c had 100% research on the last day of the month and it was also due to come online on the 1 day of the next month. THe two situations seem to confuse the the game and it came on line dispite having said no production. My advice is to always check and once you see 100% research manually change.
Sieppo

Post by Sieppo »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

If you set upgrade to Yes and prod to No then RD factories will automatically upgrade to the next plane in the family but not go into production. However I did have one oddity were the a/c had 100% research on the last day of the month and it was also due to come online on the 1 day of the next month. THe two situations seem to confuse the the game and it came on line dispite having said no production. My advice is to always check and once you see 100% research manually change.

Ok thanks, will do!
> A diamond?

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”