All good Deals always come in three’s

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Philkian

All good Deals always come in three’s

Post by Philkian »

Here comes the third deal of the week for all those who want to satisfy their hunger for wargaming. And this time we’re giving boxed copies out for free!

This week’s theme is Napoleonic. From the 13th to 19th of May, Commander- Napoleon at War will be discounted to $19.99 and Crown of Glory-Emperor's Edition will be discounted to $29,99, which is a discount of up to 50 %! Prices are the same for boxed and digital editions which means you can upgrade to the boxed version for free! Who doesn't like free stuff!

Visit the Matrix Games Store, choose your favorite game (better choose the boxed version!), add to the cart and relive the “Little Corporal’s” thirst for Victory!

Take advantage of this Deal and come back next week: there is always a Deal suited for you.
jday305

RE: All good Deals always come in three’s

Post by jday305 »

Both of these games look interesting to me but I have never heard much about them from those who have played them. I would like to hear from those who own these games to see which one is a better game as I can only afford one at this time. Thanks for any input.
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Pete W

Post by Pete W »

Quite interested in the Commander - Napoleon at War deal at that price. Just wanted to say I think the weekly deals are a great idea, and though I haven't picked up anything directly from the sale yet, it's making me visit the Matrix site more regularly (and I picked up the Don to the Danube expansion for War in the East on one of those visits, which I may well not have done otherwise).
I hope it drives up site traffic and sales, I love a great deal of the niche stuff this site publishes and want more people to come into contact with it.
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

+1 to what Pete W said. I really enjoy Commander - The Great War as it is really easy to get into and play, but still requires a lot of careful thought (for me anyway [:D]) to succeed. Is Commander - Napoleon pretty similar?
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

CoG-EE is one of those games I have been looking at for some time now. Can anyone tell me why artillery is in the charge column on the last screenshot from its product page? I wouldn't expect artillery to charge is all.

I picked up FoF in a previous sale. How similar are the two games (FoF and CoG-EE)?
jday305

Post by jday305 »

I would have thought we would get some input by now. Anyone out there with any opinions?
RebelYell

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”
Edmund Burke
Vasquez

Post by Vasquez »

ORIGINAL: jday305

Both of these games look interesting to me but I have never heard much about them from those who have played them. I would like to hear from those who own these games to see which one is a better game as I can only afford one at this time. Thanks for any input.

I dont own "Commander: Napoleon at war" but the "Crown of Glory: Emperor Edition". Its a no brainer for this price if you are interested in that era. The boxed version has a beautyful manual (200 pages). A very good read for several bathtube sessions :)

But it has fixed resolutions and does not support widescreen (like Forge of Freedom) if that matters for you. Personally I liked FoF a bit more cause the tactical battles in CoC:EE are not that intense (exe-candy-wise).

Overall it is a excellent game. I bought two copies back in the day at full Price. One copy for me and one for a friend.

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”