Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Eating beer and drinking donuts?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Eating beer and drinking donuts? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Eating beer and drinking donuts? - 5/13/2013 3:25:35 AM   
MuguNiner

I am wondering, what do you do with your Canucks? Eh? I'm not sure what to do with mine. I've got seven brigades training in BC.

USMC 1976-80
Post #: 1
RE: Eating beer and drinking donuts? - 5/13/2013 3:28:16 AM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: MuguNiner

I am wondering, what do you do with your Canucks? Eh? I'm not sure what to do with mine. I've got seven brigades training in BC.

Later in the war , if you are swimming in PP's (something I never have enough of) you can always use them as garrison units (they tend to be small units or milita). Big units you can use like any other LCU , if you are willing to spend the points.

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

(in reply to MuguNiner)
Post #: 2
RE: Eating beer and drinking donuts? - 5/13/2013 5:38:22 AM   
dontra85

i have used two bdes. one in india and one in the north pacific. main reason is that i hate to have a pool of unused replacements.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 3
RE: Eating beer and drinking donuts? - 5/13/2013 8:17:34 AM   
jmalter

I've got 4 Canadian Inf Bdes + 1 Inf Btn assigned to NorPac, IIRC I had to buy most of them. They performed well in my advance down the Kuriles chain & into Hokkaido, where they're in good nick & training up for the jump to Ominato in Honshu (my DBB_B game vs. the AI is in August '44).

In the air, there's a 6-plane group of Cats flying NavSearch out of Singers, & 2 fighter sqns based on Brit carriers.

All their other stuff (bar 2 Inf Btns in Vancouver) is permanently restricted to CanCom, but the air is doing good duty on ASW patrol from Prince Rupert down to Victoria. I used air-transport to move add'l air-support to Allford Bay, Coal Harbor & Victoria.

Their perm-restricted fighter sqns are busy training pilots for GrdB, but the Canadian bomber groups don't show up until 12/45.

(in reply to dontra85)
Post #: 4
RE: Eating beer and drinking donuts? - 5/13/2013 3:44:26 PM   
rms1pa

i grab the battalions from HK they (with some rest) make a nice reinforcement for somewhere.

rms/pa

there is a technical term for those who confuse the opinions of an author's characters for the opinions of the author.
the term is IDIOT.

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 5
RE: Eating beer and drinking donuts? - 5/13/2013 3:52:40 PM   
dr.hal

If your game is going right, you will have the power points, use them up north to hold Alaska and then possible expansion in that theater! Give them some glory!

(in reply to rms1pa)
Post #: 6
RE: Eating beer and drinking donuts? - 5/13/2013 3:57:14 PM   
Canoerebel

The longer I play the game, the more amazed I am at how, as a newbie, I couldn't figure out what to do "with all those engineers," "with the Canadians," etc. With much more experience, I've discovered that there's never enough of anything. Every single asset in the game - evey engineer, etc. - can be put to use. And the Canadian troops, ships and planes can be important or even vital. In my current game with John III, my leading aces for quite some time were Canadians flying Kittyhawks.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Eating beer and drinking donuts? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI