Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resources not going where I need them

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Resources not going where I need them Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resources not going where I need them - 5/12/2013 8:14:48 PM   
Chris H

I've got 60+ stuck in queues in three different space ports. They all apear to be waiting for carbon fibre for which I have two sources unfortunately all of it is going to my main space port at the capital.

How do I get it to where I need it?
If this is not possible, and it appear to be so as there is no control of merchant ship, can I remove all ships in these stuck queues without too much penalty?
How do I prevent private ships being produced at these ports, I'm controlling the others?

Post #: 1
RE: Resources not going where I need them - 5/12/2013 8:59:37 PM   
Bingeling

How do you get it where you need it? You hope for the privates to do their job.

Can you remove ships in queue? Yes. Look at the spaceport in detail (double click it). Look at construction yards. You can there remove those in queue.

You can not control where the civilians build.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 2
RE: Resources not going where I need them - 5/13/2013 7:29:33 AM   
Canute

To bad DW isn't an economic game, it's a militaery one.
You should build ship where you got resources, not where you want them.
When the private sector got surplus freighter it will transport the Carbon fibers or buy them from closer AI Empire.
But you can't control this and you need to live with it.
You can improve the freighters design's with more engines&thrusters so they dock faster, and be sure they got enough energy to have max. Hyperspeed.

Are the stuck stips from you, you should remove them from tbe build queue until all private ships are build. Are these stuck ships private ship, you need to wait anyway.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Resources not going where I need them - 5/13/2013 9:44:32 AM   
RisingSun

Best way to do this is write down what resources you needed to transfer, make a construction ship and load it with all those hardwares that have samn amount resources you needed, build it and transfer it over there and retire on that planet. So i dont know if you want it on a planet or station in space.

Once you retire that ship in that location, you will get those resources back from all those hardwares.

Or you can make a resupply ship as gas/mining, simply make a resupply ship with couple mining engines and one gas extractor and have 3-5k space for cargo. Deploy that ship to gas gaint that have carson, or whatever your ship engine (fuel) used. After you get around 500 carsons or hydro then look for resources you want to mine nearby. Once the cargo is almost full, send it to that location where you need that resources badly and retire the ship there. Again you will get your resources and hardwares will breakdown back to resources from that ship was built.

Of course it would cost money to build it and upkeep, its the only way to get the job done and there no telling when those freighters going to bring those resources.

< Message edited by RisingSun -- 5/13/2013 9:51:42 AM >

(in reply to Canute)
Post #: 4
RE: Resources not going where I need them - 5/13/2013 9:50:42 AM   
Bingeling

I am not sure I would recommend exploits to overcome the normal situation.

(in reply to RisingSun)
Post #: 5
RE: Resources not going where I need them - 5/13/2013 6:50:32 PM   
Plant

60+ stuck in queues in three different space ports?

If those aren't all civilian ships, you shouldn't be trying to build that many military ships at once. try to build ships as soon as you have the money to do so, otherwise you may end up giving away your precious carbon fibre to other empires through trade. Eventually though, as long as you aren't at war or under a blockade, other empires will help alleviate the burden by trading with you with their carbon fibre.

I think your main space port at the capital is the one with the most demand, or is the nearest one to the sources, so they are all going there first, till that spaceport doesn't demand anymore.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Resources not going where I need them Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI