Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Impossible withdrawn air group

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Impossible withdrawn air group Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/11/2013 2:30:03 PM   
teseo tesei

Dear all,

I'm playing grand campaign as Allies vs AI. I have 47th BG (B-18A Bolo) in Eastern USA (I moved them on Eastern USA on day 1) which must be withdrawn in 11 days (it's 4th january 1942) and I have the script "withdrawn by 15 january" on top is coloured in red and the comand button withdrawn is not working
What can I do and what could be the reason?
Many thanks for your support
Paolo
Post #: 1
RE: Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/11/2013 2:43:57 PM   
msieving1

Disband the group. Ordinarily, withdrawing a group sets it to return in 60-90 days. Some groups don't come back, so they can't be withdrawn. But you can still disband the group.

(in reply to teseo tesei)
Post #: 2
RE: Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/11/2013 4:26:01 PM   
geofflambert

Stop! If the pilots are well trained get them out of the squadron, put them in reserve or you'll never get them back. I'm not sure about the commander, but switch him with some lousy bum before you disband.

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to msieving1)
Post #: 3
RE: Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/11/2013 4:48:05 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Stop! If the pilots are well trained get them out of the squadron, put them in reserve or you'll never get them back. I'm not sure about the commander, but switch him with some lousy bum before you disband.

As a matter of interest when did this ability come into the game. I sure that when AE first came out you could not do this.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 4
RE: Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/11/2013 7:50:52 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

As a matter of interest when did this ability come into the game. I sure that when AE first came out you could not do this.

Are you saying there was a time you couldn't send pilots to the general reserve? Or are you saying there was a deadline preceding the withdrawal date where you couldn't?

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 5
RE: Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/11/2013 9:34:12 PM   
teseo tesei

Many thanks for your answers
so I have to disband
As regards the pilots, all these groups are with 1 pilot only (commander) and I can't put it in reserve except than chosing another commander using PP
Having to disband then it is better if I disband them at the very last moment, right?
Many thanks to all of you
Paolo

Post #: 6
RE: Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/11/2013 9:43:19 PM   
Sardaukar

If group was set to withdraw, but has no return date and withdrawal option, it means unit was sent to another theater (Europe). It means that unit never fought in Pacific. They can be used to train pilots etc.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to teseo tesei)
Post #: 7
RE: Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/11/2013 11:19:12 PM   
jmalter

ciao Paolo,

it is better, to fill these groups with pilots & keep them training 100% until the day before the req'd withdrawal - on that day, transfer their pilots to your Reserve Pool, then withdraw/disband the airgroup.

many high-value ships are required to withdraw on/before certain dates, if you are late for a scheduled withdrawal, there is a heavy PP penalty for every day they are late. you can transfer their float-planes and carrier-planes to a land base before withdrawing the ships. there is no penalty for doing this, you can use these airgroups for training, and add them to arriving ships that don't have any planes.

there are many LCUs that are required to withdraw, they will withdraw automatically on the scheduled date (unless they are embarked on a Transport TF). You should be careful to allow no upgrades to these LCUs, and to limit their reinforcements. Some of them have the note "out of theater" added to the blue 'withdraw' text - these units will not return their devices to the pools when they leave, so you don't want to waste reinf/upgr on them.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 8
RE: Impossible withdrawn air group - 5/12/2013 6:55:25 AM   
Chris H

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

quote:

Are you saying there was a time you couldn't send pilots to the general reserve? Or are you saying there was a deadline preceding the withdrawal date where you couldn't?

When the ability to swap pilots from units that were being permanently withdrawn.

< Message edited by Chris H -- 5/12/2013 6:56:50 AM >

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Impossible withdrawn air group Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI