Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sub mines

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Sub mines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sub mines - 5/11/2013 2:37:11 AM   
DOCUP

I see that US subs can only deploy Mk 10 mines. I read in Nav Weapons that sub deployed these aswell. Once the Mk 10's are gone sub mine laying is done. I know that arial mines are in the game, but these aren't as flexible as subs laying mine fields.
Post #: 1
RE: Sub mines - 5/11/2013 2:54:37 AM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

I see that US subs can only deploy Mk 10 mines. I read in Nav Weapons that sub deployed these aswell. Once the Mk 10's are gone sub mine laying is done. I know that arial mines are in the game, but these aren't as flexible as subs laying mine fields.

Did you leave something out there, like a nationality?
I was unaware that there were aerial deployed mines in this game, could someone elaborate?

Not sure what you meant, but my IJN opponent keeps dumping "special" (sub) mines in my ports. Damn nuisance.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 5/11/2013 2:56:44 AM >

Darwin has his eye on me.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 2
RE: Sub mines - 5/11/2013 2:56:04 AM   
wdolson

Most sub upgrades from late 42 on get Mk 12 mines. The S boats never upgrade to use anything but Mk 10 mines.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 3
RE: Sub mines - 5/11/2013 3:18:30 AM   
DOCUP

Bill thanks.  I didn't see the MK 12 mentioned in any of my upgraded sub menus.

Mr. Gorn. US gets air dropped mines sometime in 43.  Go to city bombin and look in the bottom left hand corner of that box you will see mine port.  Click it and it will list bases you can mine.  I believe its MK 13 mine.  Not for sure someone will be around to tell is if I am right or not.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 4
RE: Sub mines - 5/11/2013 5:52:58 AM   
tk208

Japanese can also lay mines by air

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 5
RE: Sub mines - 5/11/2013 4:16:36 PM   
geofflambert

Dang it! Another damn thing I didn't know. I wonder if my opponent's been doing that to me? I thought it was just subs. Makes no diff, I sweep everywhere and have never to my knowledge run into his mines except at Manila in the beginning.

(in reply to tk208)
Post #: 6
RE: Sub mines - 5/11/2013 7:02:47 PM   
koniu

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Dang it! Another damn thing I didn't know. I wonder if my opponent's been doing that to me? I thought it was just subs. Makes no diff, I sweep everywhere and have never to my knowledge run into his mines except at Manila in the beginning.

Air mining is visible to enemy. It is normal combat air mission. You will see standard air bombing animation in turn replay.

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 7
RE: Sub mines - 5/11/2013 9:29:58 PM   
d0mbo

Japanese players can lay mines by airplane? Learn something new every day.

Japanese sub laid mines are quite powerful, having about 2x times the effect of regular, CM laid mines.

< Message edited by d0mbo -- 5/11/2013 9:30:55 PM >

(in reply to tk208)
Post #: 8
RE: Sub mines - 5/11/2013 9:55:55 PM   
zuluhour

another sticky note! Thanks Joe.

(in reply to d0mbo)
Post #: 9
RE: Sub mines - 5/12/2013 5:11:07 AM   
crsutton

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

Most sub upgrades from late 42 on get Mk 12 mines. The S boats never upgrade to use anything but Mk 10 mines.

Bill

Not all upgrade to carry the Mk12 but plenty do. However, all will then upgrade at a latter date to not carry any mines at all. The trade off is that they then get much better radar and the subs are deadlier but I recommend keeping about half a dozen capable of carrying the MK12 mine which remains in production until the end of the war. It is the nastiest mine that anyone produces with about the same punch as a long lance.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 10
RE: Sub mines - 5/12/2013 3:34:38 PM   
DOCUP

Thanks guys. I went thru the editor and found the classes that can carry MK12 mines, they are Porpoise, Shark, Perch, and Salmon. Only one of them has the MK12 displayed in the sub info screen. I will post a picture of what I am seeing. Maybe someone can tell me what I am missing.

edit: Both shots are of 6/43 upgrade

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by DOCUP -- 5/12/2013 3:35:43 PM >

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 11
RE: Sub mines - 5/12/2013 4:30:30 PM   
koniu

I think I will be much happier if You abandon all mining operations

< Message edited by koniu -- 5/12/2013 4:37:45 PM >

"Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War"

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 12
RE: Sub mines - 5/12/2013 5:10:39 PM   
DOCUP

Koniu, you are like my wife right now.  I am not to make you happy I am suppose to pester and annoy you.  Oh and it is my real one year anniversary today, and I am playing AE

(in reply to koniu)
Post #: 13
RE: Sub mines - 5/12/2013 6:03:14 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

Koniu, you are like my wife right now.  I am not to make you happy I am suppose to pester and annoy you. Oh and it is my real one year anniversary today, and I am playing AE

DOCUP (why do you always shout your name?) it sounds like you're the wife dude. His job is to drink beer while watching pointless sports games, fart and belch.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 14
RE: Sub mines - 5/12/2013 7:37:52 PM   
geofflambert

Here's a related question: I don't happen to know this and haven't tried it myself, but do you have to own an unoccupied (or even enemy occupied) port/base hex in order to operate sub and aircraft tenders? Can you operate such at coastal or island hexes that have no base? I ask that because if you spotted an enemy tender operating somewhere (and likely without any sweepers) that might be a good spot to mine either by sub or air.

Post #: 15
RE: Sub mines - 5/12/2013 7:38:43 PM   
geofflambert

Here's a related question: I don't happen to know this and haven't tried it myself, but do you have to own an unoccupied (or even enemy occupied) port/base hex in order to operate sub and aircraft tenders? Can you operate such at coastal or island hexes that have no base? I ask that because if you spotted an enemy tender operating somewhere (and likely without any sweepers) that might be a good spot to mine either by sub or air.

edit: uh oh, I look like footslogger here.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 5/12/2013 7:39:36 PM >

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Sub mines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI