Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Back into game, one noob question about automated ships.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Back into game, one noob question about automated ships. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Back into game, one noob question about automated ships. - 5/10/2013 3:08:18 PM   
Farflamex

Finally got it re-installed and playing fine. Got back into things fairly easily but for the life of me I can't work out how to stop newly built ships being on auto. They're built and instantly whizz off to some mission of their own. I'd like my newly built military ships to sit around until I assign them to a fleet (unless there's an auto-join-fleet option now which would be epic). I know it can be done as I used to do that but can't find where I change the setting.

By the time someone reads this, I'll have hopefully found it, but I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me anyway, just in case :)
Post #: 1
RE: Back into game, one noob question about automated s... - 5/10/2013 3:12:08 PM   
Bingeling

The game menu - options - empire options - checkbox near the bottom.

(in reply to Farflamex)
Post #: 2
RE: Back into game, one noob question about automated s... - 5/10/2013 3:23:52 PM   
Plant

If you do want to leave the setting on, when you have ordered the new ships, you can also click on the ships and bases icon, and select the ships which are building, as they are highlighted in orange and deselect the automated part, as well as place them in fleets. I purposely only build the military ship classes which don't get given random names (not cruisers or battleships) so that I can order in terms of name and change fleet and auto in a nice order/

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Back into game, one noob question about automated s... - 5/10/2013 5:36:35 PM   
Farflamex

Ah, glad I asked now, I'd never have found that!

I didn't know you could add them to a fleet when already in a queue, that'll serve my purposes nicely.

Epic game, can't believe I hadn't reinstalled it earlier :)

Thanks guys.

(in reply to Plant)
Post #: 4
RE: Back into game, one noob question about automated s... - 5/10/2013 5:44:40 PM   
Bingeling

There are two ways to organize fleets in the ship list. If you use the build order screen, they are added at the bottom. So if you order fleet by fleet, you find them stacked ready to be multi selected.

I don't use the build order screen much, because eventually some junk the AI want is included if it is on suggest. So I order manually on spaceports and sort military ships by firepower to find them quickly. Lowest first means the new guys first.

(in reply to Farflamex)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Back into game, one noob question about automated ships. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI