Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Your search term is not specific enough

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Your search term is not specific enough Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your search term is not specific enough - 5/9/2013 10:07:19 PM   
Perturabo

Could something be done with it? Every time I try to find information based on a generic keywords, I get this.
For example:
artillery
cavalry
cavalry units
turret

It makes accessing vital information about game mechanics and modding very difficult.

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.
Post #: 1
RE: Your search term is not specific enough - 5/10/2013 12:44:53 AM   
RangerX3X

Search by Author has not worked for ages either.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 2
RE: Your search term is not specific enough - 5/10/2013 7:35:41 AM   
Iain McNeil

On the keywords the system worked last time I tried but I'm not sure what that error is. On the author search I didn't know there was an issue. Are there any other problems we should look at?

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to RangerX3X)
Post #: 3
RE: Your search term is not specific enough - 5/10/2013 9:05:01 AM   
Orm

Newest 50 and newest 100 search do not work.

Attachment (1)

Belli dura despicio

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 4
RE: Your search term is not specific enough - 5/10/2013 3:01:05 PM   
Iain McNeil

* I just tried searching artillery and it worked fine for me. Where exactly are you having the issue - can you send me the url and let me know which browser you are using? Here are my search results from the store:
http://www.matrixgames.com/store/?k=artillery&m=&g=&p=&v=&t=&d=&a=3&pt=1&searchSubmit=Begin+Search

And from the forum:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/searchpro.asp?phrase=artillery&author=&forumid=ALL&topicreply=both&message=body&timeframe=%3E&timefilter=0&language=single&top=300&criteria=AND&minRank=0&sortMethod=r&submitbutton=+OK+

* On search by Author I can see its not working. It gives various problems such as a pop up or an empty list when I know there is a valid name.

* I also see the "newest 50" problem. I imagine its the same bug as above.

We'll take a look but more info on the first bug would be appreciated as I cant repeat that.

Cheers

Iain

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 5
RE: Your search term is not specific enough - 5/10/2013 9:15:06 PM   
demjansk

This is the worst search system I have ever come across and I hate using it. I enjoy Battlefront's search engine along with other forums. It should really be quite simple to search within the section you are looking for than to have to scroll throughout looking for your game

(in reply to Iain McNeil)
Post #: 6
RE: Your search term is not specific enough - 5/10/2013 10:30:57 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

This is the worst search system I have ever come across and I hate using it. I enjoy Battlefront's search engine along with other forums. It should really be quite simple to search within the section you are looking for than to have to scroll throughout looking for your game

You can use the search field on the bottom of the page - it searches the subforum you are currently on. Not that you'll find anything taking in account that the search is broken.

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Your search term is not specific enough Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI